Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

WAKEJAK product

Fman

have used it for a grand total of one weekend, but I can see how I'm going to really get used to having it. One limitation is using two ropes at the same time, if you frequently tow doubles. Doesn't really work in that case. Unless I'm too dumb to figure it out.

Nobody using this? How does it work with two ropes? Does it work for Surfing? I remove my tow mount on the tower to fit in my garage, would this be a problem with the WakeJak? It looks like I could remove the mount and leave it on.... dont want to have to remove the wakejak everytime I take off the tow mount.

Thanks for any feedback...

Edited by Fman

I just picked one up and have used one on M-dudes boat. It works great for keeping the rope out of the racks and over top of the Bimini. One thing I do is at the end of the tube/stick I keep the Velcro loose around the rope, this way when changing lengths, I can pull the rope thru is easily. With out trying it, I wouldn't use this for doubles unless you only had one rope hooked to the wakejake and the other to the ball.

I remove my tow mount on the tower to fit in my garage, would this be a problem with the WakeJak?

Are you talking about removing the ball? If so yes you would have to remove the tube/sticks. IMO the tube/stick should be removed when in tow, just as a precaution. Depending how your ball comes off you should be able to leave on the wakejak clamp.

I just picked one up and have used one on M-dudes boat. It works great for keeping the rope out of the racks and over top of the Bimini. One thing I do is at the end of the tube/stick I keep the Velcro loose around the rope, this way when changing lengths, I can pull the rope thru is easily. With out trying it, I wouldn't use this for doubles unless you only had one rope hooked to the wakejake and the other to the ball.

Are you talking about removing the ball? If so yes you would have to remove the tube/sticks. IMO the tube/stick should be removed when in tow, just as a precaution. Depending how your ball comes off you should be able to leave on the wakejak clamp.

Yes, I remove the tow ball from the tower.... probably will hold off on this, if I put the surfboards on the top racks definitely makes a big difference. Rope being caught is not to big of a problem when wakeboarding, but definitely ties the rope up more when surfing.

Used my new Wakejak this weekend for the first time...got it in the recent group buy. In a word...Awesome! Loved that thing. I was out with one other buddy

which is a normal occurence for my boat and getting the rope hung up in the racks is aggravating. That is a thing of the past as this product works really well and seems

to be really well constructed! I also got the camera mount but need to get a good hd camera for it. Any suggestions would be appreciated! That way I can post video

of us old farts doing impressive heel side wake jumps! Woohoo!

• 4 weeks later...

At the request of a several crew members, we have extended the group buy on the WakeJak and Camera Mount for Paid Crew Members until August 8. This is the largest discount we have offered on the product since inception, and it definitely goes away on August 8th. If you have any questions, or want to discuss whether it will work for you, just let us know. Rob