Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Teak World transom saver

Faceplant409

Spoke to a guy at Teak World (good 'ol boy) and he said prices are going up 'come January 1. They are making the savers for California boats 1/2" narrower (3-1/4") to account for the access door opening toward the boat. I'm having mine made 1-1/4" smaller (2-1/2" total.) 3-1/4" is too wide IMO. They ship spacer blocks and SST screws.

No website, no computer, and no credit cards..... (Ahhhh.....the simple life!!!)

cost is $55 now + shipping. COD or advanced check only.

Pat

BTW when I was on the phone with them I think I heard someone in the backround squeelin like a pig....boy!

ROFL.gif

(Deliverance)

I asked Teak world to route out the area for the door but keep the rest the normal width. It looks great! I am so glad I installed it, I have no scratches on the transom since I installed it.

Joe

Spoke to a guy at Teak World (good 'ol boy) and he said prices are going up 'come January 1. They are making the savers for California boats 1/2" narrower (3-1/4") to account for the access door opening toward the boat. I'm having mine made 1-1/4" smaller (2-1/2" total.)  3-1/4" is too wide IMO. They ship spacer blocks and SST screws. 

No website, no computer, and no credit cards..... (Ahhhh.....the simple life!!!) 

cost is $55 now + shipping. COD or advanced check only. 

Pat

BTW when I was on the phone with them I think I heard someone in the backround squeelin like a pig....boy! 

ROFL.gif 

(Deliverance)

pat- indeed they live a simple life but you couldn't meet nicer people, they also take great pride in what they do, you will not be disappointed. is he making the platforms for the cali plant too now?... he only made the ones for the teenneesse plant when i visited him back in 2003

Oz and all,

I meant no disrespect with the whole Deliverance thing....... I'm just not used to a thick southern twang. (no computer, no credit cards, southern accent-- thats just what my little brain did with it... Dontknow.gif ) It was also the way he said it--ya had to be there!!!!

No, I don't think he's making platforms for Cali, just repair and transom saver pieces for us West-Coasters. He said CA and TN plants hinge their doors different directions. Crazy.gif

Pat

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know what the contact information is for Teak World? The new owner of my 03 Wakesetter Is looking for a Tansom Saver for the Teak Platform.