Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vinyl Graphic Peeled off!?

Hi All,

I'm a new member to the board. I've had my new to me '09 21vRide for a couple months now and I'm very happy with making the upgrade from a Sea Ray to this boat. I'm also glad to have found this forum, it's a great resource.

My question relates to the vinyl graphics Malibu puts on their boats. I went out today and the return back to the launch was in a moderate chop (1'-2'). When I pulled it out I noticed a large part of the vinyl graphic on the starboard side had peeled off! Is this a common problem on malibu's? Should I bother replacing or just go without them? My concern is replacing the graphic only to have to keep replacing them every time I end up with a bumpy ride home. Your thoughts please....

Mike

Edited by 09vRide

i dont have much data to back this up, but i would assume that this is pretty uncommon. i have an '07 and half the time the graphics are underwater from surfing and i have not had any issues. plus i trailer my boat a good amount accross the state and have not had any issues with wind/dirt/etc causing my decals to come off.....

Pulled mine off at the end of last season (04), they were still attached like they should have been. I did have to do some buffing to get the shadow off, but as mentioned earlier the clean look is real nice.

I vote for removal of the decal. In my opinion it looks much nicer. But the drawback is having to polish out the shadow which depending on the boat can be a bit of a pain.

IMO they don't come off very easily - I too went with the clean look on my 08 ride - if you want something on thier check out a wrap or keep it simple

I ordered my boat without graphics, but it came with them anyway. I debated whether or not to have them removed, but decided to give them a chance to see if they would grow on me. It looks like I got my answer as both sides are peeling off and have been warrantied. I am having them taken off and will save the replacements for possible later use or to sell with the boat in the future.

I ordered my boat without graphics, but it came with them anyway. I debated whether or not to have them removed, but decided to give them a chance to see if they would grow on me. It looks like I got my answer as both sides are peeling off and have been warrantied. I am having them taken off and will save the replacements for possible later use or to sell with the boat in the future.

Want to sell the spare set? :) Can't blame a guy for asking!