Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

More Ballast for VTX

JerrySz

Just bought a new VTX last weekend. I want to surf but need a bigger/better wake. I have all the stock ballasts (rear, center, bow). Any suggestions for the best additional ballast to add for surfing?

Just bought a new VTX last weekend. I want to surf but need a bigger/better wake. I have all the stock ballasts (rear, center, bow). Any suggestions for the best additional ballast to add for surfing?

Check out the Bakes 1100 lbs add on (they also have a system you can run off your exisiting switches.

I did 750 lbs and with 3 people the wake was still a little bit to small

You can't beat a custom surf sac, its a little more expensive but its all hidden under the seats and can be automated so there is no manually filling bags. I was just surfing a vlx last night with one of these custom sacs and the wave was really good. I've been running a custom sac in my boat for two years and would never go back.

Edited by 06vlx

Check out the Bakes 1100 lbs add on (they also have a system you can run off your exisiting switches.

I did 750 lbs and with 3 people the wake was still a little bit to small

Thanks. I checked out the Bakes 1,100 on-line. Does it fit well in the rear compartment?

You can't beat a custom surf sac, its a little more expensive but its all hidden under the seats and can be automated so there is no manually filling bags. I was just surfing a vlx last night with one of these custom sacs and the wave was really good. I've been running a custom sac in my boat for two years and would never go back.

Where can I get a custom sac?

Thanks. I checked out the Bakes 1,100 on-line. Does it fit well in the rear compartment?

I think it goes in the rear compartment and under the seat

Where can I get a custom sac?

You can get one from Bakes. The 1100 sac only fills the rear compartment and does not go under the seat, it looks like a jumbo 750 sac. It's a little big for the VTX but you don't need to fill it all the way and it will conform to the compartment better than a fully loaded 750 sac will.

You can get one from Bakes. The 1100 sac only fills the rear compartment and does not go under the seat, it looks like a jumbo 750 sac. It's a little big for the VTX but you don't need to fill it all the way and it will conform to the compartment better than a fully loaded 750 sac will.

Okay I was wrong, I was going off of pictures I have seen. Thank you for clearing this up for me 06

Okay I was wrong, I was going off of pictures I have seen. Thank you for clearing this up for me 06

Not saying you are wrong about what you saw it sounds like maybe you saw a custom sac?? The way the rear compartment has the angle behind the seat does make it look like the sac is going under the seat.