Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2008 Monsoon Fault Code

wakesettergreen

I finally had the chance to get the bu ready for the lake and hooked up the battery, turned the key for some tunes while I got the rest ready and saw a "service required". Scrolled through and found the fault and it read

Etc Actuation

SPN 65615 CM 0

Mech System Not Resp Properly

FMI 7 OC 1

Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks in advance

I also noticed my stereo amp goes into protection mode as soon as I connect the battery. Maybe a short somewhere? Not sure what could have happened between winterizing as now as far as electrical integrity.

• 11 years later...

hello , i have this fault code on my boat right now ,it's your old message but did you find the problem 

thanks for any help

ETC is Electronic Throttle Control.  The 2008 has drive by wire shifting for the transmission and throttle.  Is the boat going in and out of gear OK?  Throttle working normally?  It could be triggered because of a low battery voltage issue, but also could be a problem with either the throttle handle or the actuators back on the engine that control the transmission or throttle.  What engine is in your boat?