Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Aight, so whad ya get?

chathamsolutions

Picked up a new wheelset for the mountain bike - merry christmas to myself - and the wife hooked me up with a humidor and some cigars for those those few times a year I like to bust one out.  My sister scores big time and bought me a digital scale that also reads % body fat, water, bone mass, etc, etc... (still learning how to use it).  It was a good christmas gift wise.

Which wheel set?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malibudude

• D-GOOSE

• NorCaliBu

• jetskipro550

The best gift of the year that I saw or even heard about was given to my bro-inlaw by his wife (it may outshine any gift that I've ever seen given, especially knowing how much it meant to both of them, her to give it & him to get it from her). She gave him a '65 Pontiac GTO. I'll set the stage for you....

My hubby's brother had a '65 Pontiac LeMans in high school that had a hopped up 400 in it. They thrashed on that car like only high school guys can, but to this day he still gets a little misty-eyed when he talks about that car. His dream was to buy a classic GTO, but he gave up on the dream a few years ago, even though he's only approaching his mid-thirties. Well....unbeknownst to him, his wife has been squirrling away money for years now for this purpose. She & my father inlaw searched all over the country this past Fall & found a sweetheart of a car in Florida. They were able to fly there as well as a couple of different places to look at cars without giving away the secret. The car they found is not a show/concours car....heck, it's not even a Tri-Power, but it is an original '65 GTO in very nice shape that they can drive on occasion without feeling too bad about putting any wear, tear & miles on. The culmination was the weekend before Christmas when they had their Christmas party. Everyone there knew what Tony was getting, even the kids. But Tony was completely in the dark. And when his dad pulled up in the GTO with a bow on it.....priceless. I don't know if I've ever seen anything so cool, ever (even though it had nothing to do with a boat :lol:).

The best gift of the year that I saw or even heard about was given to my bro-inlaw by his wife (it may outshine any gift that I've ever seen given, especially knowing how much it meant to both of  them, her to give it & him to get it from her).  She gave him a '65 Pontiac GTO.  I'll set the stage for you....

My hubby's brother had a '65 Pontiac LeMans in high school that had a hopped up 400 in it.  They thrashed on that car like only high school guys can, but to this day he still gets a little misty-eyed when he talks about that car.  His dream was to buy a classic GTO, but he gave up on the dream a few years ago, even though he's only approaching his mid-thirties.  Well....unbeknownst to him, his wife has been squirrling away money for years now for this purpose.  She & my father inlaw searched all over the country this past Fall & found a sweetheart of a car in Florida.  They were able to fly there as well as a couple of different places to look at cars without giving away the secret.  The car they found is not a show/concours car....heck, it's not even a Tri-Power, but it is an original '65 GTO in very nice shape that they can drive on occasion without feeling too bad about putting any wear, tear & miles on.  The culmination was the weekend before Christmas when they had their Christmas party.  Everyone there knew what Tony was getting, even the kids.  But Tony was completely in the dark.  And when his dad pulled up in the GTO with a bow on it.....priceless.  I don't know if I've ever seen anything so cool, ever (even though it had nothing to do with a boat  :lol:).

Dam that brought tears to my eyes....maybe even more if it was 67' RS/SS Camaro. Long live the F-body!!

Reminds me of the episode of Overhaulin' last night where they overhauled this guy's T-bird. His dad owned it and always wanted to restore it but never got around to it. Dad died, and the son (now in his thirties or forties) wanted to restore it too but couldn't afford to on a deputy sheriff's salary (and he has 8 kids). Foose and the gang took the top off it and remade the car as only Foose can. It was a teary unveiling there too. And the T-bird looked sweet!

We were so blessed (and spoiled) again. Wakestuff:

2006 Jetpilot Full Metal Jacket

The Book DVD set

SS cupholders for the LSV from my wife!

(Too bad these didn't fit. Our dealer sold them to my wife saying they would and even testing them in a 2006 model in the showroom. So I guess the '05 cupholder sizes are different from the '06?? Help!)

(Too bad these didn't fit.  Our dealer sold them to my wife saying they would and even testing them in a 2006 model in the showroom.  So I guess the '05 cupholder sizes are different from the '06??  Help!)

To big or two small? If they are to big it's simply a dremel and a shopvac. If they are to small then you will probably want to talk to the dealer that sold them to your wife.

Metal Chop saw with laser guide (insert Tim the tool man sound effects).

LS-2 got a Nikon D-50 digital SLR, boy is she happy.

Edited by LS-One
As far as boating gifts go I got a 540lb fat sack and some binding lube. But I got hooked up totally out of the blue with a sweet North Face Apex jacket, North Face ski jacket, and gortex shoes/boots Rockon.gif I also got a digital camera, money, and other stuff....

Nice gifts, BUT MAN! What's with the avatar? Are you just baiting me to keep bugging you about the jet ski thing? I see you have a classic stand up, I'll give you that. I'll take that rather than sitting on a beach any day. But right next to it is a standard Lake Lice terrorizer. Come on man, stop playing with my mind. Are you with us or against us?

Picked up a new wheelset for the mountain bike - merry christmas to myself - and the wife hooked me up with a humidor and some cigars for those those few times a year I like to bust one out.  My sister scores big time and bought me a digital scale that also reads % body fat, water, bone mass, etc, etc... (still learning how to use it).   It was a good christmas gift wise.

The wheel set sounds nice. But an FYI on the cigars. You said, 'for those few times a year I like to bust one out,' so this probably doesn't apply to you. But thought I should share.

I know there's a lot of young budding families on here, many of you may/should be looking into life insurance in the future. You should know that many life insurance companies consider cigars 'smoking.' Make sure you bring it up with your agent when you're 'shopping.' You'll find that many insurance companies have a limit that they are willing to deal with. For example, the main company I write for says one a month is OK, they'll still give you a non-smoker rate. But if you happen to tell the medical examiner that you 'average about 13 a year' or more - you're hosed. Your rate will automatically double to the smoker rates. Just be aware what you say to the medical examiner AND your doctor. If your doctor writes it down in his file, it's over. That's the Bible according to life insurance companies.

The best gift of the year that I saw or even heard about was given to my bro-inlaw by his wife (it may outshine any gift that I've ever seen given, especially knowing how much it meant to both of  them, her to give it & him to get it from her).  She gave him a '65 Pontiac GTO.  I'll set the stage for you....

My hubby's brother had a '65 Pontiac LeMans in high school that had a hopped up 400 in it.  They thrashed on that car like only high school guys can, but to this day he still gets a little misty-eyed when he talks about that car.  His dream was to buy a classic GTO, but he gave up on the dream a few years ago, even though he's only approaching his mid-thirties.  Well....unbeknownst to him, his wife has been squirrling away money for years now for this purpose.  She & my father inlaw searched all over the country this past Fall & found a sweetheart of a car in Florida.  They were able to fly there as well as a couple of different places to look at cars without giving away the secret.  The car they found is not a show/concours car....heck, it's not even a Tri-Power, but it is an original '65 GTO in very nice shape that they can drive on occasion without feeling too bad about putting any wear, tear & miles on.  The culmination was the weekend before Christmas when they had their Christmas party.  Everyone there knew what Tony was getting, even the kids.  But Tony was completely in the dark.  And when his dad pulled up in the GTO with a bow on it.....priceless.  I don't know if I've ever seen anything so cool, ever (even though it had nothing to do with a boat  :lol:).

PAY IT FORWARD BABY!!!!!!

Doing something for someone else that they weren't able or willing to do themselves.

Awesome story Tracie. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by chathamsolutions
I know there's a lot of young budding families on here, many of you may/should be looking into life insurance in the future.  You should know that many life insurance companies consider cigars 'smoking.'  Make sure you bring it up with your agent when you're 'shopping.'  You'll find that many insurance companies have a limit that they are willing to deal with.  For example, the main company I write for says one a month is OK, they'll still give you a non-smoker rate.  But if you happen to tell the medical examiner that you 'average about 13 a year' or more - you're hosed.  Your rate will automatically double to the smoker rates.  Just be aware what you say to the medical examiner AND your doctor.  If your doctor writes it down in his file, it's over.  That's the Bible according to life insurance companies. 

I'm at about 3 a year, but thanks for sharing, that's something I wouldn't of thought about.

btw, what's with your signature?

Edited by aneal000

The wife gave me a button down Malibu shirt that matches the 2004 Wakesetter 23 LSV that we gave each other for Christmas other than that not much... Biggrin.gif

Nice gifts, BUT MAN! What's with the avatar? Are you just baiting me to keep bugging you about the jet ski thing? I see you have a classic stand up, I'll give you that. I'll take that rather than sitting on a beach any day. But right next to it is a standard Lake Lice™ terrorizer. Come on man, stop playing with my mind. Are you with us or against us?

:lol: Check out the pic in my profile

btw, what's with your signature?

Didn't you see the movie?

PAY IT FORWARD BABY!!!!!!

Doing something for someone else that they weren't able or willing to do themselves.

Awesome story Tracie. Thanks for sharing.

One person does something for someone else that they are not able to do for themselves - 'something big.' For example, buy someone the car they have been dreaming about for their whole life - a '65 GTO. Go out of your way to help someone.

Here's the leap: Tell that person they need to 'Pay it forward.' They have to do the same for 3 other people - something BIG that they aren't able to do for themselves. It's a domino effect. Soon the world will be a better place. :)

I got the new design Malibu jacket (from the website) and a malibu gym bag from my sister, a 30 gig Ipod and three pair of Polk MMC 650's for the new Wakesetter VLX from my loving wife. My wife recieved from me a Canon Rebel XT Digital SLR and the bigger zoom so hopefully she can take better action shots on the water this year.

That's a cool story. I love GTOs. '65s are the best.

I scored huge the whole year. New baby, new boat, ski(s), boots, ski camp, assorted other stuff, and to cap it off Santa brought me a Bach TR200S. I'm guessing Santa didn't scrutinize that list very closely this year Innocent.gif

Thats a nice looking trumpet! I played for about 5 years, then I went to high school and there was no way in h$*% I was joining the marching band so I just quit.

(Too bad these didn't fit.  Our dealer sold them to my wife saying they would and even testing them in a 2006 model in the showroom.  So I guess the '05 cupholder sizes are different from the '06??  Help!)

To big or two small? If they are to big it's simply a dremel and a shopvac. If they are to small then you will probably want to talk to the dealer that sold them to your wife.

He sold her different ones for the dash than for the 8 mid-boat holes. The group of 8 are too small and the ones for the dash are too small. :(

I guess we'll be making a trip to the dealer when they open back up next week. Thanks for the suggestions.

What did Santa bring you?

:( A lump of coal. :(

But it was fun earning it. Biggrin.gif

What no House boat for your make believe friends. ROFL.gif

I had to buy my own stuff.

2 sets of infinty kappa 6x9 4 ways.

a 7541a infinity amp to push them and 4 sets of lights to go on the tower speaker box.