Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

STE(Silent Tip Exhaust) by Hydro Power ??

vec

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmoothWaterMan

• HRemington

• VinRLX

• SunriseH2OSkier

Those look very restrictive. What do the STE's look like inside? Any pics Peter?

K&B actually made the inlines that Peter was selling, If I remember correctly. I don't remember them looking that restrictive. Also, in the video they slide the silencer right into the exhaust tube. You couldn't do that with the in-lines. The ends were small enough to fit in, but the actual "silencer" part flared out to be as wide as the exhaust tube itself. It seems like a different product.

Most of these silencers work the same way: they slow and blend the exhaust pulses. If you don't have a lot of room (muffler) you will be using a diffuser plate of some sort. You will be giving up a little bit of power for significant gains in noise. Europe is much more aggressive about noise abatement such that many ski boats sold there include silencers where the US models wont.

There is no difference in performance in using the K&B inline silencers. The in-tube silencers were designed for the larger exhaust in the big Sea-Rays, etc, but you could install 3.5" units after the muffler as that section of hose is smooth wall. The inlines prior to the mufflers would install in the corrugated hose.

Peter

Fresh News Everyone!

Inline silencers have been developed and produced. These have the same silencing properties as the tips, but will install in 1.5 hrs less time. (You just don't get the polished stainless tips)

Cost on the inline silencers are $245, and are a brushed finish. If you would them polished cost is $265.

To order just call, email, or find them in the service/parts section of our website.

Thanks!

Peter

Smooth Water Sports

Inline1.jpg

Inline2.jpg

$289.00 or $245.00??

While they appear to can you confirm they would fit my 95 Sunsetter - 350 Mag, all stock.

Assuming the stock rubber exhause hose needs to be cut with a sawzall?? I believe it has the molded in wire correct?

Thanks

Steve - [email protected]

Assuming the stock rubber exhause hose needs to be cut with a sawzall?? I believe it has the molded in wire correct?

Thanks

Steve - [email protected]

I installed the inlines (from Peter) a couple years back. For my boat anyways, there was a steel wire running through the exhaust house, and Yes it was a PITA to cut through. If I recall correctly, I hacksawed the hose to the steel cable, and had better luck "kinking" it and bending it back and forth till it snapped...then I did trying to cut through it with a sawzall.

• 2 years later...

So what is the current state of the art for an old (98) Sportster? I am really enjoying my new (to me) boat but the exhaust note is just too loud for people sitting in the back.

Thanks!

Salem

Seriously, you had to bring a post back that started in 2006 and was last updated in 2010?

FAE will be the quietest. STE second quietest. Do a search.

A search is how I found this post :). I have a manual wedge so I don't think either of these options work for me. That is why I am looking for an inline muffler.

A search is how I found this post :). I have a manual wedge so I don't think either of these options work for me. That is why I am looking for an inline muffler.

Most members here have a wedge. STE works easily with a Wedge, as does FAE if it is optioned for the wedge.

Most members here have a wedge. STE works easily with a Wedge, as does FAE if it is optioned for the wedge.

I can't remember the which thread I read about the issues with STE and manual wedges but I will find it.

And the inline silencers are not an option huh? I was hoping to save some labor too.

Thanks for the info!