Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Minimum Daft for a Wakesetter LSV

MichLivin

I think I have a problem. I have a 2011 Wakesetter 23 LSV, and I just purchased a hydraulic hoist. From the lake bottom to the top of lift bunk its 23", my water depth is currently 30-32". Will my boat be able to fit on this lift? I know the draft is 27" and it appears the propeller and fins are the lowest part of the boat. So will I still be able to put the boat on the lift?

I think I have a problem. I have a 2011 Wakesetter 23 LSV, and I just purchased a hydraulic hoist. From the lake bottom to the top of lift bunk its 23", my water depth is currently 30-32". Will my boat be able to fit on this lift? I know the draft is 27" and it appears the propeller and fins are the lowest part of the boat. So will I still be able to put the boat on the lift?

It is going to be very close. It will depend on how much water in over the bunks and how deep the bottom of the boat is. Based on my math you have 7-9" of water over your bunks. How far it if from the bottom of the boat to the water line?

It is going to be very close. It will depend on how much water in over the bunks and how deep the bottom of the boat is. Based on my math you have 7-9" of water over your bunks. How far it if from the bottom of the boat to the water line?

I dont know now, my boat is out of the water getting serviced. Once its back I am going to guess where the water line is. It would be nice for Malibu to put this info in the specs for each boat, I understand it may vary depending on weight inside the boat but it would make life a lot easier.

It's going to be close, and if I had to say, it's going to be on the too low side. As you mentioned the draft is 27" but that is to the bottom of the prop. Obviously the prop goes inbetween the bunks, so you are concerned with how deep the draft is where the bunks contact the hull.

For reference when I first setup my bunks for my lift, fully down my bunks were probably 12 inches underwater, and my wakesetter drafts 24" dry. It was enough to float it on and off the bunks. The water has dropped some and now I'm about 8-10 inches to water level to the bunks, and its very tight for me. Luckily for me, my bunks can be lowered another 10 inches, as I had them on the may high side. I could also lower my lift tons, which was set on the high side of canopy/tower clearance.

Bottom line, it's gong to be tight, and you'll have to see. Setting the bunks as wide as possible will buy you 2-3 inches as well.

Edited by Indyxc

It's going to be close, and if I had to say, it's going to be on the too low side. As you mentioned the draft is 27" but that is to the bottom of the prop. Obviously the prop goes inbetween the bunks, so you are concerned with how deep the draft is where the bunks contact the hull.

For reference when I first setup my bunks for my lift, fully down my bunks were probably 12 inches underwater, and my wakesetter drafts 24" dry. It was enough to float it on and off the bunks. The water has dropped some and now I'm about 8-10 inches to water level to the bunks, and its very tight for me. Luckily for me, my bunks can be lowered another 10 inches, as I had them on the may high side. I could also lower my lift tons, which was set on the high side of canopy/tower clearance.

Bottom line, it's gong to be tight, and you'll have to see. Setting the bunks as wide as possible will buy you 2-3 inches as well.

I always thought you wanted to have the bunks running under the stringers of the boat to keep the load where it should be?

In any case, it's going to be awfully close. Is there any way the lift can be moved to deeper water? I just went through this with my lift and had to put another section of dock out to get my lift deep enough.

Good luck in any case.

I always thought you wanted to have the bunks running under the stringers of the boat to keep the load where it should be?

In any case, it's going to be awfully close. Is there any way the lift can be moved to deeper water? I just went through this with my lift and had to put another section of dock out to get my lift deep enough.

Good luck in any case.

Yeah, I agree you want the bunks under the stingers, where it is best supporting the weight. But given his scenario putting them on the outside might buy him 2-3 inches, and probably won't cause any significant hull stress. Heck, half the boats on my lake, the bunks are super wide.

Yeah, I agree you want the bunks under the stingers, where it is best supporting the weight. But given his scenario putting them on the outside might buy him 2-3 inches, and probably won't cause any significant hull stress. Heck, half the boats on my lake, the bunks are super wide.

You make a good point. If I were in that situation however, and I had the space, I would be moving my lift to deeper water. But that's just me.....I tend to be a little anal about things sometimes.

Heck, half the boats on my lake, the bunks are super wide.

I have seen that too however not with many of the inboards on our lake. Most of the inboards on our lake are set up like yours and mine.

Ok, I'm in Texas, so our lakes are muddy here, but why cant you remove some of the lake bottom to allow the boards to drop lower? I have dug huge holes underwater in an afternoon. I use to repair pipelines underwater/underground in our lakes. If the bottom is dirt, a 6hp mud pump and a little time you can pump the mud and water out from below the boards amd spray it 25' away. Of course if you have a rock bottom it aint going to work.....