Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rack rubber strips

Big Gulp

I have a 03 VLX with the swoop tower. I need to replace the rubber strips that line the wakeboard racks where the boards go in. Does anyone know where to find those and the right kind for the swoop tower racks?

Did they come from the factory or aftermarket.... Post a pic of the racks and I would be happy to tell you were to find the correct inserts....

Try diywake.com they sell just the rubber inserts and will fit the titan style rack forks if that is the kind you have.

Seriously $10 apiece?? Mine keep coming out of the racks, anyone to glue them back in?

Ya, I called StarOne a while back about replacing all my rubber inserts for 4 racks. I about had a coronary when they shot me a price. Almost $200 for rubber. I opted to reglue them in. Clear silicone works great so far for me. I just cleaned all the old glue out of the channel and layed a nice bead and stuck them back in the groove. Wiped off the excess and whala! Done.

I used contact cement and applied it with a model paint brush. Be sure to scape some of the hardened glue off, especially near the ends so they re-seat well. While you've got the rubber out of the racks and the racks off the boat you might as well take some chrome polish to them too.......... makes 'em look brand new! :thumbup:

I know I'll get ripped on for this, but I have seen the rubber strips replaced with clear vinyl tubing. Looks ok to me, its a cheap fix, and easy.

I just bought a boat that somebody "repaired" the rubber rack problem with small bungee cord .Looks terrible :crazy: i think Bakes has it as well $5 a ft. I will be replacing mine soon :)