Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New Bu Spray Date Jan 2

larrys

Another LSV with all the goodies!!! Illusion Tower, Power Wedge, Vortec 8100. Since I got to pick the colors of our last 3 boats, the wife wanted to make the decision this time. Oh, since she picked the colors I got to pick the engine. Biggrin.gif

Bro, I applaud your bravery.........BUT I'd have to excercise my MAN card. No way I'm gonna plop 60K on a pink boat. I don't even think I ever saw a PINK boat on Miami Vice....

:(

Pat

Hey, the 80's are back in style. Haven't you heard? It's once again "acceptable" for a dude to sport pink. Not that I did back then or would even do it now, but for some other guys I'm sure it's fine.

s*** man, i was rocking pink before all these kids...way back before pink was "the new black". as long as you have that boat and think it looks good, which it does...less the pink piping, you'll be stoked.

plus pink is a very traditional color for men's fashion. very east coast elite style...well not that shade but you know what i mean.

Thanks for all the responses! Good and questionable...

I thought this would get a rise out of the everyone. Just to set the record straight... I have no issues with my manlyhood.

My wife pretty much did not care what I did with my last 3 boats. She didn't want another all white. We had 2 of them. We played with green and yellow. To many yellow boats and the green just isn't bright enough. We started playing with pink and you see what we ended up with. If this makes her happy... Why not? This is going to be an awesome looking boat!

As far as a tow vehicle... I did trade the 00' Red Excursion PSD for a '04 Mineral Grey Excursion PSD. I thought the red and pink might clash!

Edited by larrys
Why the Illusion X? You need the Titan with some NVS on it. I did not believe mike when he told me but I guess it was true.

Chris,

It is true! I have been wanting to try an Illusion tower... I am thinking about putting 2 NVS speakers on it. I have also been looking at 4 bullets. Mike want's to show it at the next boat show, if it arrives on time.

If you like to listen to music loud behind the boat, but don't really care about sound quality in the boat, get the NVS. If want to enjoy 'quality' sounding music in the boat and also be able to hear music behind the boat (not quite as loud as the NVS) get the Bullets especially with the components! The picture above is identical to my set up.

well i think that boat is going to look pretty awesome in person.i just don,t see color match between black/pink/white ...and suede carpet?

why not sterling carpet and dash? i,ve been playing with the colors also for a while and came up to this...ah well to each his own.

I think it would be cool to own a pink boat for a while but wouldn,t it be hard to sell it again?

post-312-1135422320_thumb.jpg

Edited by BenBu

I think that color combo is awesome! That was one of my favorites when ordering our boat. Ben is right about the carpet though. Did you just forget to enter the color on ispec?

If you like to listen to music loud behind the boat, but don't really care about sound quality in the boat, get the NVS.  If want to enjoy 'quality' sounding music in the boat and also be able to hear music behind the boat (not quite as loud as the NVS) get the Bullets especially with the components!  The picture above is identical to my set up.

I went the the Bullet website and they don't show the components as an option. Is this something you can request? Anyone know the price?

About the interior... We spent many hours looking at the interior colors. iSpec doesn't represent the colors very well. Way to dark! My dealer has boats with both and we contemplated both combinations. The suede carpet doesn't look that brown in person. Especially in the new '06 grade of carpet. It came down to, we don't care for the silver and grey colors.

• 2 weeks later...

LarryS, when I was at the factory on Monday I was told by Kerri that your boat was going to be the last boat sprayed of the day (probably not until around 2:30 pm)

Aoblak,

I think you and your Family were walking out as we were walking into the front office.

I almost said something but I was unsure.

Kerri confirmed this as she was showing us our LSV the Pink and Black one.

Larrys

You should check out the Titan website, they are now making the Alpha 1 speakers for the Illusion X tower.

My dealer said he is putting 4 on mine.

If he has them in by the boat show I will let you guy's know how they sound.