Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

opinions 247 2010 or 2011

Buschy

I would just like to get some opinions going on which one and why.

2010 247lsv corvette LS3

or

2011 247lsv L96 6.0

lets just say other then that and the changes to the 2011 boat they are optioned similar. and lets say they are pretty close in price. which would you choose?

I would just like to get some opinions going on which one and why.

2010 247lsv corvette LS3

or

2011 247lsv L96 6.0

lets just say other then that and the changes to the 2011 boat they are optioned similar. and lets say they are pretty close in price. which would you choose?

the 2010! the surf couch takes away too much space that could be filled with ballast bags. I will not trade up in years until the surf couch is designed out of the boat. The Corvette motor is a great motor. we are thrilled with the 2010.

LOL - my guess is that most responses will be biased by whether we own a 2010 or 2011! :whistle:

We're new to the Bu family & just picked up our 2011 Wake Limo (247 LSV) 2 wks ago and think the surf seats are a nice new feature - especially when swimming or surfing. All our ballast tanks are integrated into the boat & we still have a ton of storage & space for people + the extra ice/beverage storage beneath the rear seats are a nice touch too.

... still can understand big wake/big air folks wanting all the space for extra sacs - but w/ 1450# of ballast + the 400# from the wedge + weight of folks in boat we have plenty of ballast to go around - so far. :thumbup:

... also switched to boaters insurance which was competitive w/ our previous boat insurance & got 2 more years of warranty on the L96 - 5yrs now on the indmar + 5 yrs replacement coverage on the boat. :yahoo:

Y

I'm asuming this means why?

If so just search the threads of all the issues. Not having redundant controls and leaving everything up to a touch screen is a recipe for disaster. Some recent threads are proof of that. I thought I was taking a leap of faith with the Malivue, but it's not much more than a screen I have control of what the boat needs to operate if the Malivue goes out.

Just my opinion and $.02.

That 10' doesn't have MTC does it? Only on 11' boats right?

I'm asuming this means why?

If so just search the threads of all the issues. Not having redundant controls and leaving everything up to a touch screen is a recipe for disaster. Some recent threads are proof of that. I thought I was taking a leap of faith with the Malivue, but it's not much more than a screen I have control of what the boat needs to operate if the Malivue goes out.

Just my opinion and $.02.

That 10' doesn't have MTC does it? Only on 11' boats right?

right the 10 only has MV not the MTC.

do your rear speakers ever get in the way or get real wet being in the rear seat? that is something I like about 11

right the 10 only has MV not the MTC.

do your rear speakers ever get in the way or get real wet being in the rear seat? that is something I like about 11

I don't have a 247, and I don't have speakers in the rear seat.