Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

CIPA Mirrors

skier_88

Hey Bu Crew,

I needed some parts for my CIPA Extreme Mirror, called the company and ordered the parts. Asked how to pay....they said they'd ship it out free of charge.

I'd do more buisness with them in the future. The best sales advertisement is to give people stuff free.

Has anyone mounted a Cipa Extreme on a boat like mine...where it attaches to the swinging center windshield section? I believe it is about 6" wider than the standard one. I would love to expand the view for the driver...but not if the observer is to keep hitting their head on it, or if it compromises the ability to open and close the passthrough windshield. Also wonder if modifications/hardware would be needed to mount to my existing windshield??

Boat is not accessible to me at the moment, so unable to take measurements.

Picture attached shows existing setup.

post-5162-078198800 1307469079_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Bill. Yeah I think it might be more trouble then its worth. I just found an old thread addressing the issue. Seems as though the CIPA Extreme is best suited mounted to a tower.

Until someone comes out w/ a convex 16" mirror, I'll settle w/ what I've got.

Thanks, Bill. Yeah I think it might be more trouble then its worth. I just found an old thread addressing the issue. Seems as though the CIPA Extreme is best suited mounted to a tower.

Until someone comes out w/ a convex 16" mirror, I'll settle w/ what I've got.

The factory mounting bracket for the extreme is made to mount to a windshield, it takes a bracket to make it mount to a tower mirror arm. No additional parts needed to mount to a windshield. I love my extreme mirror.

• 3 weeks later...