Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Caster Wheels on Trailer Prop Guard

Anybody ever put wheels/caster wheels below their prop guard on their trailer. We are trying to back up a steep driveway and are looking at ways to eliminate the scrape. Any help would be appreciated.

Anybody ever put wheels/caster wheels below their prop guard on their trailer. We are trying to back up a steep driveway and are looking at ways to eliminate the scrape. Any help would be appreciated.

I wouldn't put casters on it for that, unless you think your prop guard can hold the weight of your boat, trailer combo. Ever tried backing at a angle until past the valley?

used to be a factory option from boatmate. You're not totally unweighting axle you're just trying to deal with the scrape. Should be fine. good project.

My Ryan trailer has wheels to the outside edge of he prop guard (using the trailer main frame for support)

They show signs of use so it looks like they're doing the job

What brand trailer?

Extreme sells a prop guard roller kit. My link

Don't know what's up with their site. It's the last option listed but, won't pop up.

What brand trailer?

Don't know what's up with their site. It's the last option listed but, won't pop up.

There site hasn't been updated since 09..... looks to be abandoned or neglected.

Here is my Extreme trailer with steel wheels in the back and I use them all of the time going in and out of my driveway.

IMG_0686.jpg

Terry

Try these: DHM .

That's what I was thinking.

Can anyone here confirm that Extreme is out of biz?

Would seem unusual to me.

I sent them an email last week and heard back from them. Took a couple of days.

What brand trailer?

So does Bakes

Terry

You can buy the parts for about 40 bucks... tops for 800lbs rated wheels.

Edited by R1LOVER

We had our neighbor weld some one our trailer 2 years ago so we could back up the driveway. They are holding up just fine and so is the prop guard.