Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LET'S TALK ABOUT BINDINGS!

chathamsolutions

Who's your binding manufacturer of choice?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your binding manufacturer of choice?

• 1. Hyperlite
    • 2. LiquidForce
    • 3. O'Brien
    • 4. CWB
    • 5. Supper Suction
    • 6. Double Up
    • 7. Gator Boards
    • 8. Nice
    • 9. Jobe
    • 10. Hydroslide
    • 11. blindside-cinchwraps
    • Overton's special that came with the board
    • Home made / duct tape McGyver style
    • I ride whatever my friend has on his board
    • I don't wakeboard
    • Ronix

***IF there's a brand of binding I missed just add a post with the name. I'll insert it into the poll. DON'T VOTE UNTIL YOUR BRAND IS LISTED***

You may have multiple brands on your boat for your crew. I use HL and the CFO uses CWB. We both really like 'em. I voted for HL though, since that's what I own the most of, and what I personally use.

I've been using the HL Splits. They've been a solid all around binding. They fit me fine. And the XL's have fit 99% of all the adult males that have ridden on my boat the last 18 months. Very adjustable for most men's feet.

I recently picked up the '05 Murray. I'm pretty excited to try it, haven't had a chance yet. The bindings and a new '05 Murray board are my official Christmas present, so don't get to ride it until after Christmas - not that I'm going out anyway. Rain, rain, go away!

I'm excited because the Murray uses the BOA system, a large ankle strap, as well as laces for the bottom of the boot. My foot should be in rock solid. I'm psyched. Here's the low down on the Murray.

"Shaun Murray's original front entry boot has the new 11:1 gear ratio BOA system. A new lace/BOA model for the most customized fit of a snowboard style boot. For the last three seasons, Shaun has had an easy entry, comfy-fitting signature boot. His boot has blended the support of the solid one-piece overlay and six independent eye loops. Shaun wanted additional support this year that can only come from the patented BOA creation. Now a rider has the same easy entry they are accustomed to with even more support up top."

I'm interested in any experience people have had with the new ('06) HL bindings and the 'leather' they are putting on their bindings. They claim to be so sure of the leather that if they have any failures they'll replace the entire bindings. HL users who have had problems in the past will know they HL replaces the 'skins' in the past, but not the whole binding. This says to me they they are pretty serious. They're also going with a 'closed toe' approach. Frankly, I think this is weird. And will probably make my feet sweat or have a wacky reaction to being enclosed.

Thoughts? What's your favorite binding? Why?

You put Liquid Force up there twice. I ride strictly Liquid Force, the transit bindings are so comfortable, and I have never slipped out of them. I would like to try the 2006 Watsons with the liquid liner.

I have tried a number of different bindings, including the 05 Murrays, and for me, by far, the best was the LF Team. My wife, daughter and son all have the LF Transits and they love them.

One thing I didn't like about the Murray was that there were too many cords, dials, straps and such to deal with. That whole BOA system seems to break quite often as well.

I thought that the new CWB offerings looked good. My son tried them on (and ended up with the Transits), but never demoed them. I have done neither with them, but if I were looking now, I would at least check them out further.

I have the HL splits now, but am looking forward to getting new, more comfortable bindings this winter. I am hoping the new Watson work for me because I have heard such good things about them.

You put Liquid Force up there twice. 

Thanks. I fixed the Poll.

Our local store got a HUGE shipment of LF the middle of last year, and they were incredibly priced. I've got a good friend that swears by them now. And he got them for 1/2 the offering price of like HL's.

Oh, and I said above that the CFO uses CWB, nope - I blew it. She uses LF Minx. She really likes them. 'Soft and cushy.'

I am a huge LF bindings fan! Unfortunetly I don't have my own board anymore (ride my brothers Parks boar) and he has some really loose fiting HL bindings on it and I hate them. I used to love my super tight and really comfortable (for me) LF Ultra Suctions.

I love my LF Minx as well, very comfy & fit well in all the right places. The only problem that I had was last year I came halfway out a couple of times on hard crashes & hurt my heels. I stopped using lube after that to get in & problem solved. For whatever reason, the lube wasn't washing out completely.

I love my LF Minx as well, very comfy & fit well in all the right places.  The only problem that I had was last year I came halfway out a couple of times on hard crashes & hurt my heels.  I stopped using lube after that to get in & problem solved.  For whatever reason, the lube wasn't washing out completely.

Did you try using less? Just a thought.

Liquid Force Teams. Very comfortable. Down side is that they are a pain to get out of. That was getting easier by the end of the season last year as I was getting them broke in.

I love my LF Minx as well, very comfy & fit well in all the right places.  The only problem that I had was last year I came halfway out a couple of times on hard crashes & hurt my heels.  I stopped using lube after that to get in & problem solved.  For whatever reason, the lube wasn't washing out completely.

I agree. I think most of the binding slimes out there are very "dangerous" if not diluted. We usually put almost 3/4 water and only 1/4 lube so that it washes out quickly. It really shouldn't take much slime no matter what bindings you have.

My wife and I both have the Temets. Before that, I was on the Belmonts for about 4 seasons which were great bindings. I'm tried to the some LF bindings (namely the Transits) and they were horribly uncomfortable. A lot of people like them though so I guess it's all personal preference. On the Hyperlite Boa system...I've used it for a couple of season with no problems at all. I crank mine done so tight that I swear it's going to break every time but it has never given me any problems. I wear a size small binding with an 8.5 shoe size.

I agree. I think most of the binding slimes out there are very "dangerous" if not diluted.

For economy we diluted our gallon jug to a 50/50 mix. And I've never been sorry. I've had the 50/50 mix of a gallon over a season now. And never a complaint.

I have had the original HL Highbacks, Splits, Spins, etc.. 2 years ago I was on the Byerly w/ BOA no problems, but didn't like the knee bent style.

Switched early last year to the HL Highbacks (orange) and have been pretty satisfied. Very comfortable and lots of support.

That said........ I had a chance to try Hyperlitenerds LF Transits and they were super comfortable. This might be the next pair I purchase.

I use the Boss from CWB, I think they are 03 or 04. They have held up well and are pretty comfortable. They seemed to fit my high instep better than anything on the market at the time.

I like the thought of not getting out of the water when I loose my binding. I was curious if anyone has tried the CWB Zeus Hinge Tech for 06. It looks like a great idea for us with big feet.

i am a big liquid forc boot guy. i have the 05 lf teams and they WERE the most comfortable boots ever. i was at *shameless plug* wakesports unlimited the other day and tried on the new watson boots...OH! MY! GOD!!!! i didn't even have to touch them with my hands to get in. and they were sooo light, there's no hardware in them anymore and the new "pro-plate" is lighter amongst other things.

I've been using LF Flex Suction bindings but a buddy of mine that knew that my bindings were starting to show some age gave me a pair of HL Parks Bindings as a "Thank You" for doing his boat maintenance and winterization. Thumbup.gif Can't wait to try them once it warms back up...winter is for slalom. Biggrin.gif

I have had the original HL Highbacks, Splits, Spins, etc..  2 years ago I was on the Byerly w/ BOA no problems, but didn't like the knee bent style.

Switched early last year to the HL Highbacks (orange) and have been pretty satisfied.  Very comfortable and lots of support.

That said........  I had a chance to try Hyperlitenerds LF Transits and they were super comfortable.  This might be the next pair I purchase.

excellent... another convert.

the transits are the niceest bindings ive ever ridden.

and a nifty thing a guy pointed out to me at the local board shop, on the murray bindings it reads murray one way, and hyperlite the other, pretty trippy.

murrayhyperlitebindings.JPG

I have tried many bindings over the years. I have yet to find ones I like more than my LF Transits. I have used them on HL boards, and now have them on both of my CWB boards, and have Minx on my GF's TFD. I can't speak any more highly of the Transits. Great support, super comfortable, and easy in/out. Just wish I had the ones with the magnets for the lace ends.

I am looking at trying the new CWB hinge bindings. They look REALLY nice!

i am a big liquid forc boot guy.  i have the 05 lf teams and they WERE the most comfortable boots ever.  i was at *shameless plug* wakesports unlimited the other day and tried on the new watson boots...OH!  MY! GOD!!!!  i didn't even have to touch them with my hands to get in.  and they were sooo light, there's no hardware in them anymore and the new "pro-plate" is lighter amongst other things.

So Tyler got them in? I've been looking forward to getting them.

i am a big liquid forc boot guy.  i have the 05 lf teams and they WERE the most comfortable boots ever.  i was at *shameless plug* wakesports unlimited the other day and tried on the new watson boots...OH!  MY! GOD!!!!  i didn't even have to touch them with my hands to get in.  and they were sooo light, there's no hardware in them anymore and the new "pro-plate" is lighter amongst other things.

So Tyler got them in? I've been looking forward to getting them.

he has a limited run of them right now. he has pre-order special for 350. i wish i could take advantage of it.

I am a "Big Boot" boot guy as well. Actually found a Hyperlite board/boot combo that was "Big Enough for me" and (bonus) on sale at GI Joes...I purchased them on a lark and man! What a difference a good fitting binding made. I can board for hours now. The CFO gets tired of pulling ... last time out I'm sure I hit 65MPH on a whip and she still did not shake me...HaHa :lol:

HL is the bomb... Not that I am partial or anything Biggrin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I was reminded about my first wakeboard bindings. They were 1999 Hyperlite 30/60 lace up bindings:

99HL006.jpg

They were so stiff when they were new that my son got stuck in them after the Goo washed out. Luckily I had my trusty Swiss Army knife with the phillips screw driver attachment. We separated the binding from the board, pulled him inside the boat like an unconscious swimmer and then removed the wrap from the bindings so that he could extract his foot from the boot. It was all pretty exciting.

We used that binding for a couple of seasons before re-installing the wrap. Now that they are broken in, they are still one of the most comfortable bindings I have used. Biggrin.gif

Edited by MoonDawg

My first pair of real bindings (01 lf prosuctions) I would be tired before I got in the water. And we would get back into the boat with the board on, and have people stand on the board, to help us get out.