Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

LET'S TALK ABOUT BINDINGS!

chathamsolutions

Who's your binding manufacturer of choice?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your binding manufacturer of choice?

• 1. Hyperlite
    • 2. LiquidForce
    • 3. O'Brien
    • 4. CWB
    • 5. Supper Suction
    • 6. Double Up
    • 7. Gator Boards
    • 8. Nice
    • 9. Jobe
    • 10. Hydroslide
    • 11. blindside-cinchwraps
    • Overton's special that came with the board
    • Home made / duct tape McGyver style
    • I ride whatever my friend has on his board
    • I don't wakeboard
    • Ronix

I was reminded about my first wakeboard bindings. They were 1999 Hyperlite 30/60 lace up bindings:

99HL006.jpg

They were so stiff when they were new that my son got stuck in them after the Goo washed out. Luckily I had my trusty Swiss Army knife with the phillips screw driver attachment. We separated the binding from the board, pulled him inside the boat like an unconscious swimmer and then removed the wrap from the bindings so that he could extract his foot from the boot. It was all pretty exciting.

We used that binding for a couple of seasons before re-installing the wrap. Now that they are broken in, they are still one of the most comfortable bindings I have used. Biggrin.gif

I had those exact same bindings in the same wild colors. They were comfortable, but not as comfortable as my new ones and no where near the support I get now. I switched to LF Team this year and absolutely love them.

I had 2002 30/60s, loved the bindings, then went to the parks, now I am in love with my transits, I dont think I can say a bad thing about them.

Hi, I just got a board of my own Yahoo.gif Hubby bought me a LF 06' Diva. i got the LF minx and love them. I went back to AWS and traded them for the limited edition. When I put them on last night they hurt the top of my feet. I didn't use lube. Would this make a differance? Are these bindings really big or what. I fill like I've got a size 20 foot they are huge looking. I'm use to riding in the CWB Torque. Huge differance. I just want to make sure there isn't anything wrong with my sizing. Thanks~

Edited by DRAGONFLYPRINCESS
  • 1 year later...

I got the CWB factions after trying on several different boots this spring. A lot of folks on here recommend the transits, but I think my foot is just between sizes because I couldn't get a comfortable fit. While I haven't ridden the factions yet, I'm really looking forward to the added benefit of the hinge system... no more lube, no more climbing back on the swim step to get the bindings back on, etc.

I got the CWB factions after trying on several different boots this spring. A lot of folks on here recommend the transits, but I think my foot is just between sizes because I couldn't get a comfortable fit. While I haven't ridden the factions yet, I'm really looking forward to the added benefit of the hinge system... no more lube, no more climbing back on the swim step to get the bindings back on, etc.

We have various models of the CWB Hinge bindings on all of our boards and love them as well. When we are out with others that have their own boards or not, they are amazed at how easy, comfortable, and functional they are.

Hyperlite 3D's 2007. Close toe is the way to go. Hyperlite is good with warranty issues too. The toe material started to come off on my 06's and they sent me the 07's.

We have various models of the CWB Hinge bindings on all of our boards and love them as well. When we are out with others that have their own boards or not, they are amazed at how easy, comfortable, and functional they are.

Plus1.gif I love my CWB Torques...they are the best bindings I have had.

I have the '06 LF Shane Bonifay's, closed toe, best binding I have ever used...no lube to get in, solid while riding, no foot fatigue, then release the easy "draw string" and they are off...and super light.

I had the HL Spins as my 1st bindings, my feet were always slipping and cramping, then I got the '05 Murray's, my foot didn't slip around but they were so hard to get into and out of...not to mention you only have a 15 minute window before your feet fall asleep...

I think at the end of the day it all come downs to what is comfy for YOUR feet...

Another vote for the CWB Torques. I love those hinge bindings! They're so easy to get on and off. No lube needed. No more coming back in the boat to get your foot back in the binding after a nice wipeout. Just undo the hinge and slide your foot in. I'll never go back to a non-hinge binding.

Edited by jtrovato
  • 3 weeks later...

I currently have a pair of liquid force teams, but they are getting a bit on the older side and I think will fall apart in a couple years. I have every intention of beating the hell out of these bindings before I give them up. After the teams I will either go sphynx or transits, possibly CWB, but not sure yet.

I have tried about every major binding in the past 5 years. My new Ronix One's are hands down the best ones out there. Comfortable, responsive, locked in, just could not ask for a better binding. Night and day between these and the closed toe HL's.

I currently have a pair of liquid force teams, but they are getting a bit on the older side and I think will fall apart in a couple years. I have every intention of beating the hell out of these bindings before I give them up. After the teams I will either go sphynx or transits, possibly CWB, but not sure yet.

Plus1.gif

Well I was a huge fan of Hyperlite but I swithed to the Ronix this year. My roommate just got some Liquid force boots this past weekend (Watsons) and I have to admit they are pretty solid. After usind the Ronix for acouple months I have to say I do like them a lot. Best fit and stiffness that I have ever used, more like a snowboot. Downfalls are: way to much extra string left over after you get them cinched on, the other problem I am having is the mechanism they use to hold the cinch of the string down keeps coming loose as soon as I am up and riding. So I had to modify them a little with another string and cincher off of an old pair of bindings that I scavenged parts from. I love the boots just need to do a little work on the material they use to cinch the foot down.

I just got the CWB Factions. I won't be able to ride them for a couple of weeks but they feel way more solid than last years Torqs (mainly 'cause they fit better).

• 5 years later...

I only saw two post with Crew Members riding Ronix. Anyone else ride Ronix? I have a new set up on order and will be trying for myself pretty soon, but was hoping to get some more feedback. I plan to post a review on the board and bindings after a few sessions.

I picked up the Ronix Cell binding this year and love them. Very comfortable but stiff enough for my liking. They feel like a couple of Lazyboys on my feet.

I only saw two post with Crew Members riding Ronix. Anyone else ride Ronix? I have a new set up on order and will be trying for myself pretty soon, but was hoping to get some more feedback. I plan to post a review on the board and bindings after a few sessions.

I ride the Ronix Relik bindings on my Slingshot. I like that they are not as stiff as my old bindings (LF Watson). Ronix Ones were too stiff and I liked that the Reliks were cut lower, giving more "flex". Edited by mikeyg

have used 3 ronix one bindings .. 08-10-11 all very poor quality , the 08 kept snapping plate , then they made them one piece ,they tear easy and the thingy that tightens the bindings keeps falling apart even on my pair that was changed under warranty .. by the way every pair i had ,has had warranty problems..never again ronix for me !!

Its not even a competition anymore, ronix bindings are where its at. They are by far the lightest and the most comfortable. I was rocking the Franks for the last couple years and they have survived hundreds of sets and quite a few ejections... Loved them. I just bought the cell bindings as well. I like flexible boots but i wanted something stiffer because I have been having ankle issues. My only complaint about Ronix bindings is the clip that attaches the laces to the boot always breaks.

Ive had Ronix Kai, Ones and now LF Watsons LTD, Sovens & Shanes.

If i were a bit younger I'd def be rocking the Safety Orange Frank boots in the Ronix lineup lol.

Dude, you are the KING :notworthy: of finding OLD post and bringing them back to life!

I bought the Ronix One's. I don't see any major difference in the fit and finish than any of the other bindings that I've owned.

I still think the best bindings I've owned was the LF Vantage. The velcro is nice and easy to get in and out of.