Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

sick of the water pooling on my cover. will two more poles work?

foiler1

i am sick of bailing the water that pools around the tower base. unfortunatly the stitching ripped so now i have to bring it to get sewed. if i got two more poles and the vent caps would that work? one on either side of the engine box? Evolution cover is out of the question at this time.

Joe

I have the same problem, the cover doesnt pull tight below the rub rail leaving room for sag in the middle. I agree second pole in the middle further back like my buddies skiboatcover. I put a strap through both tower sides then around ski pole to make a triangle wait and see how that works?? What to do bungie cord on sides near tower doesn't work.

Fellas,

Many know that there is schedule 40 PVC pipe and that is better than the cheap stuff.

If you want a more durable stick you might seek out Schedule 80 PVC pipe. It is considerably stronger.

Almost all fittings are schedule 80 / 40 so that is OK.

See this table :

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/pvc-cpvc-pipes-dimensions-d_795.html

Edited by DONTW8

I built a square frame out of plastic 1/4" plumbing pipe. I place it over the engine cover and that has cured my water pooling problem.

1/4" Tubing is enough to solve my problem....Pulls the cover tight enough??

Cory's latest innovation at Evolution (that I've seen) is a D-ring sewn into the cover somewhere in the middle. Then when your putting the cover on, you run a bungie cord from the D-ring to the tower, pulling the cover upward, just like a pole. If your bringing the cover in to have the rips repaired, this might be a good option for you. :rockon:

FYI guys - sched 40 pvc (typically white) is not uv resistant & will get brittle & crack over time - even being under the cover. Sched 80 is uv friendly & last much longer (the gray elec conduit is sched 80). :thumbup:

FYI guys - sched 40 pvc (typically white) is not uv resistant & will get brittle & crack over time - even being under the cover. Sched 80 is uv friendly & last much longer (the gray elec conduit is sched 80). :thumbup:

Grey "electric" PVC comes in schedule 40 and schedule 80

i am sick of bailing the water that pools around the tower base. unfortunatly the stitching ripped so now i have to bring it to get sewed. if i got two more poles and the vent caps would that work? one on either side of the engine box? Evolution cover is out of the question at this time.

Joe

Joe

I justpurchased a 2009 Ride with boats I've owned in the past I have used the flexible supports that come with tents.They usually drop right into a cup holder at floor level and you use a little self adhesive velcro on the bottom side of the cover the tent poles are segmented so you only use the number of segments required to make the cover tight.

My cover is black and I am here to tell you Schedule 40 AND 80 PVC wil soften and deform into amazing shapes under a bit of sun. My last attempt used aluminum flat bar and that gets amazingly hot. Need to wear gloves to remove the damn thing.

• 2 weeks later...

One year at the lake we had a lot of rain, i too got tired of bailing the water out (before i got the evolution), i hooked up a bilge pump with a float switch and set it where the water was pooling. it worked.

Just solved my pooling issues by using 1 life jacket as a 2-3 inch shim under each of the 3 poles....works prefect for the factory cover, makes it nice and steep down the center.

Also, kinda wierd, factory cover had the rubber cleat backings loose in the bag? Not already installed? So I gotta try to cut the holes in the cover?

Life jacket under the front pole will also avoid that terrible heart dropping vinyl stretch from the weight of the bow portion of the cover that goes 2 inches down into the bow cushion that goes back to normal in about 48hrs, that makes you want to puke the first time you see it.