Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

340 Monsoon Victory Red Intake Manifold.

07 VTX

The project started out to remove and clean the flame arrestor/K&N air filter, but turned into more. Because I could not see a way to get a screwdriver in there to loosen the hose clamp that holds the K&N filter on, I decided to remove the upper half of the intake manifold (six Allen bolts and lock washers) and remove everything in one piece. Other than unclipping the two electrical clips (those SOBs are a PITA,) everything went smoothly. Anyway, I cleaned and re-oiled the K&N and polished the throttle body (gotta be worth, say, .005437 more hp.) Then I got to thinkin', why not paint the intake manifold flame red? I had a can of GM Victory Red (same color as my Z06) and sprayed away. Here is how it turned out:

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

The pictures were taken with my iPhone 4, but didn't turn out all that well.

What do you all think?

Edited by 07 VTX