Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Memorial Weekend Not a wash??

Wakesetter67

So I did a stupid thing again, Yep actually listen and believed the weather guy, Well that Mainly dry and or 20 Percent chance of rain, happen right over the lake we chose Yesterday, Rained all day, Not hard but annoying, But That did not stop us, Thank God for heaters and Hot water Showers, here some pic's anyone else get caught in the lie... CC4.jpgCC2.jpgCC1.jpgCC.jpg

Edited by Wakesetter67

Didn't rain in Nor Cal but it wasn't a nice day either. Got a slalom set in right at sunset once the tubers went away. :yahoo:

ditto the crappy weather here in western washington - we all got out for a set- and you're right - heater shower were a must have - we boarded and tinkered with a couple extra fat-sacs dialing in the wake - after that my kid took a set on the skate and I took a second with the board with no ballast... still fun but would have enjoyed it a bit better with some sunshine... still racked up another two hours on the Bu

It's been the worst weather I have ever seen on this weekend...... we got over an inch of rain Saturday night... cold and windy today with partly sunny skies... temps right now are about 65... :(

Boat's Ready, i'm ready, Kids are ready, Water is cold and the weather sucks... lol

On and off in Mid MI. But not bad considering the spring we have had.

The last shot might be a good calender shot for next year. :thumbup: Nice!

Same here. Believed the weather guy. Actually nicer today.

Funny I was picking the boat up from my storage to clean and dry it out, And it's partly sunny white fluffy clouds, and i look over to the area where i live, I told my wife , See that big Black cloud...Guarantee that baby is right over our house,...It was. I cant catch a break, I'm like Pig Pen only with rain over my head, I swear i took a bath because I'm tired of the word SHOWERS...

Didn't rain in Nor Cal but it wasn't a nice day either. Got a slalom set in right at sunset once the tubers went away. :yahoo:

I rained all day Saturday afteroon and evening in the Roseville/Rocklin area.... and the temperature dropped into the low 50's..... crazy weather... glad you were able to stay out of the wet stuff and get out on the water :rockon:

So I did a stupid thing again, Yep actually listen and believed the weather guy, Well that Mainly dry and or 20 Percent chance of rain, happen right over the lake we chose Yesterday, Rained all day, Not hard but annoying, But That did not stop us, Thank God for heaters and Hot water Showers, here some pic's anyone else get caught in the lie...

Vince, its the only job in the world where you can consistently be wrong and keep coming back to work! Regardless, thats great you were able to get out and get some surfing in..... your wake looks great too, what ballast config are you running and speed? and hows you mirror working, any movement still?

Edited by Fman

Vince, its the only job in the world where you can consistently be wrong and keep coming back to work! Regardless, thats great you were able to get out and get some surfing in..... your wake looks great too, what ballast config are you running and speed? and hows you mirror working, any movement still?

That was Full MLS, left empty of course and 750 in The rear, No wedge this time and 10.4 MPH.. Then washer fix was it, No Movement at all, Thanks for the tip. So now it sunny and I'm spending all day cleaning and drying, Did I miss something Here..:throwpc: Edited by Wakesetter67

I was contemplating starting a new weather complaint thread. The cold and wet is getting to be old again. We got out yesterday on the river and got in some skiing. It was cold and cloudy, but not raining. The river is running very high and fast, and cold. It is still only 55F. There was some debris, but not too bad. If it warms up too quickly and we get a big snowpack runoff, there is going to be flooding for sure.

I was contemplating starting a new weather complaint thread. The cold and wet is getting to be old again. We got out yesterday on the river and got in some skiing. It was cold and cloudy, but not raining. The river is running very high and fast, and cold. It is still only 55F. There was some debris, but not too bad. If it warms up too quickly and we get a big snowpack runoff, there is going to be flooding for sure.

Ya we were thinking of the river, But thought it would be very cold and alot of junk. We chose Cottage Grove Lake, Water temp Showed 63 Degrees, not sure how accurate my gauge was, But it wasn't bad, No junk at all in the lake, it is really a great place to go for early spring and summer..

That first pic. is the only time I've seen anyone not happy on their boat. ;)

well i left my Bimini at home thinking we would not need this if there is no Sun, Forgot about the rain.... :badmood:

Ya we were thinking of the river, But thought it would be very cold and alot of junk. We chose Cottage Grove Lake, Water temp Showed 63 Degrees, not sure how accurate my gauge was, But it wasn't bad, No junk at all in the lake, it is really a great place to go for early spring and summer..

Definitely cold for this time of year, but not too bad on the debris, esp for how high the river is. When driving, I really did have to rely on my spotters to watch the rider, as my attention was very focused on the water in front of me watching out for the bigger stuff.

We are wimps and still wearing our drysuits. The heated observer seat was very popular.:biggrin:

Yup weather sucked for me too, I try to go for morning runs this time. Saturday was the best day and didn't go. Sunday went to Church and a BBQ. Went today with temps in the 50s. and then the sun came out the wind came. :cry:

On and off in Mid MI. But not bad considering the spring we have had.

The last shot might be a good calender shot for next year. :thumbup: Nice!

In parts of SE MI, we are not so lucky. Since last Wednesday our lake levels have risen 2' and we are now 1' above flood stage. Bu is in the driveway and there are no wake restrictions on the lake. We did wade through the yard to the dock and go out for a pontoon ride yesterday. Outside of that, it was pretty wet here.

perfect weather saturday upper 80's with light wind and suprizingly few boats so smooth water all day. Only one tuber in our way. Sunday and Monday it was blowing 30 with gusts to 45. I went windsurfing both days.

I drank a lot of beer with wet feet this weekend.

Got to the lake Friday night, haven't been there in a month. Yard work all night. Saturday take the golf cart to a welding shop in the morning (first unload a cord of wood off the trailer). Yard work for a good part of the afternoon. Then my family comes over (not good boat people), another day down the tubes. Sunday it's a neighborhood paddle boat race with the kids in the morning, then wet (again), then REAL wet. Then, alas, Sunday night the storm passes and we hit the water. Some great boarding and tubing. Monday morning kayak rides, a bunch of kids on the beach, then more family over (hers). 90 degrees and sunny, and I'm in my driveway playing cornhole. They leave, and out we go, ski skimmer for the 5 year old, wakeboarding for the rest of us, then some surfing, then a full out tube ride. Put it all away wet and tired. Finally a good day. And in the middle of that I put an offer on another lake house...we'll see.

On the next outing (this Saturday?) I'm putting the 5 year old on a wakeboard off the boom, she's totally ready.

Went to fill the ballast and my accessory plug has no power. I've never used it before. Great. So no ballast, but up and surfing no problem. My 12 year old was predicting and "epic fail". Sorry, kid. Kept the rope, nowhere near enough weight in the Echelon with my little family, but got a good feeling for it. Felt a push a couple of times. So who knows when I'll have time to fix the plug, that'll probably go onto the winter "to do" list.

Spent the weekend at a buddies place helping to build the new party barge. It's really just a 20' x 10' dock with an upper deck & an 8 hp outboard on it. Floatation is three 20' x 20" logs, plus 6 plastic dock floats. Finished the deck on Saturday, railings on Sunday. Top speed with 5 of us on it, plus 3 dogs, was 5.5 mph.... which was OK since the lake is at flood stage right now & is "no wake" till the water level goes down. Upper deck will be 2"x8" joists with a sheet of fiberglass painted with some non-skid paint.

Came home Monday afternoon & managed to get out for a SkySki ride in before it started raining.

post-821-024364200 1306857816_thumb.jpg

post-821-001811900 1306857859_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bill_AirJunky

We went from low 50's and rain for the last month, to 90 and blazing sun the last few day's.

What the heck is going on with the weather?

Steve B.

:lol: Been getting up to 49deg mornings most of the last week and half. + 30 deg this morning 79 deg.

As others have said, mixed weather here in Michigan. It was the maiden voyage for our family with the new "Brand X" boat.

:yahoo:

Needless to say, our new era of boat ownership was met day one with a raging storm that appeared out of nowhere. Whitecaps breaking OVER the dock and lightning dancing overhead. Did I mention the new lift was to shallow? Welcome to boat ownership. We scrambled for every rope and snubber we could find (sacrifice the pontoon!!!) to secure our new toy. I only checked on it every 2 minutes :biggrin: Everything ended well (scuff on new cover) and we had great weather on Monday, outside of pretty high winds. Between the wind and the crowds, it was mostly tubing but man was it nice to be out on the water. The kids were able (I really should say were willing) to board. Big smiles across the board. Spring has been so depressing around here. Record rain.

The deck guy moved the lift and now our new baby is sitting peacefully on her new perch.