Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Things I should have gotten on my boat

TonyCarroll

Back to the topic!  The one option I wish I added was the boat stop on the front of the trailer.  When the boat is just about home on the trailer, it takes alot of throttle to move it those last few inches and I always drive the bow hook into the roller on the front of the trailer, sometimes even over it.  Then I am in a real pickle, because I have to back my truck into the water to get the hook to float back over the roller.

Don't back the truck so deep and use your winch, not throttle.

Steep ramps are my biggest problem. I can only winch the boat about 3/4 of the way onto the trailer. After that it won't budge. I have a Boatmate trailer with the bunks.

Back to the topic!  The one option I wish I added was the boat stop on the front of the trailer.  When the boat is just about home on the trailer, it takes alot of throttle to move it those last few inches and I always drive the bow hook into the roller on the front of the trailer, sometimes even over it.  Then I am in a real pickle, because I have to back my truck into the water to get the hook to float back over the roller.

OFF the topic, for just a bit, try putting on some "Liquid Roller" buck spray on the part of the bunks that cause the sticking problem. But BEEEEEE Careful !! Keep your boat hooked till you are in the water , that stuff is SO slippery your boat could really slide off while backing down. I don't use it because I don't need to on my ramp, I just back in a few more inches. But trust me this stuff will make you slide!

Where do you get the "liquid roller"?

I got mine at my local Wakeboard shop. I like the way it works. I don't think that is what mine is called, but it works the same.

Electricjohn - I end up at a lot of steep ramps as well. There is one out in Topoc (AZ river) that is a pain in the a$$!. I end up having to get in and out of the truck several times and I can't ever get the eye all the way tight, so I have to hit the brakes as soon as I'm on a little down hill to snug it up.