Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Kick Panel/Sub removal and Heater install?

mac19

How are the kick panel/sub boxes secured under the dash on my 09 23lsv Stock RF sub? Is it screwed from the front lower edge on a 45 degree angle through the panel and into the floor. Are the screws just barried in the carpet? I'm hopeing to install my heater tomorrow night. I borrowed a fish tape to get the hoses through the stringer. I have a 350 monsoon and I flocated a plug with a square in the center lthat is flush located on the port side just under the edge of the black engine cover that says 350 MONSOON. Is this the plug I remove and attach my Hot water suppply? Can you confirm top arrow is the plug location for the supply and the gray arrow on the bottom of the pic is the Y adatpter return line for the heater return hoses? Thanks for your help in advance.

Respectfully -CamD

post-13794-48813_thumb.jpg

post-13794-045676000 1306483571_thumb.gi

Edited by mac19

I cannot help on the factory sub type kick pannel but you have the hoses correct. One thing about your lower hose, you are installing the y-fitting on the suction side of the raw water pump. This is supposed to give you a little better flow through the heater at idle. The factory installs the y-fitting after the raw water pump. Either will work, the hose on the suction side is pretty stiff so its a little more wrestling to get the y-fitting in place versus the factory location.

How are the kick panel/sub boxes secured under the dash on my 09 23lsv Stock RF sub? Is it screwed from the front lower edge on a 45 degree angle through the panel and into the floor. Are the screws just barried in the carpet? I'm hopeing to install my heater tomorrow night. I borrowed a fish tape to get the hoses through the stringer. I have a 350 monsoon and I flocated a plug with a square in the center lthat is flush located on the port side just under the edge of the black engine cover that says 350 MONSOON. Is this the plug I remove and attach my Hot water suppply? Can you confirm top arrow is the plug location for the supply and the gray arrow on the bottom of the pic is the Y adatpter return line for the heater return hoses? Thanks for your help in advance.

Respectfully -CamD

If it is like my 09 VLX, you will need to pull your sub and there are 4 screws inside the box that screw to the floor and then the tricky one is at a 45 degree angle screwed through the top of the shelf that is next to your feet where your drink holders are.

Terry

If it is like my 09 VLX, you will need to pull your sub and there are 4 screws inside the box that screw to the floor and then the tricky one is at a 45 degree angle screwed through the top of the shelf that is next to your feet where your drink holders are.

Terry

Thanks Terry I did find the 5 inside I figured the box was just to secure not to have them in the floor so I pull my sub and there were 5 screws and out it came. I completed the install last night except I haven't wired into the MUX switch yet. I'll post some pic's up tomorrow. Thanks for the Reply.

• 4 weeks later...