Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Titan 3 Tower

Hammertime

OK Crew, our new T3 tower is on and we love it. I’d like to thank Eric (ecadwell) for selling us the tower and working with me and Brett at StarOne to ensure that it fit properly, Brett at StarOne for all of his time and efforts even though they didn’t sell us the tower, JDubya, rugger, SunriseH20Skier and the rest of the Crew who provided input and offered assistance. :werule:

To say the installation was easy is an understatement, it was a breeze. We installed the front two mounting points first as we had to "torture" the rear points to get the tower to fit properly. We used a large ratchet strap to accomplish this. We only needed to suck it in about 2” total, so we cranked it down about 4” the first time and 6” the second time. When we released the strap, it aligned just fine. We laid out the rear mounting brackets and got that puppy installed. Total installation time was about 4 hours as we spend the majority of the time measuring and verifying it was centered.

It’s gonna be an awesome summer! :partytime:

Make it a great day.

Mike

post-15552-042376600 1306328684_thumb.jp

post-15552-074945600 1306328708_thumb.jp

post-15552-043898500 1306328731_thumb.jp

Awesome Mike, looks great :thumbup: It's sad that there's a pi$$ing contest going on the continued production of the best tower ever made.

Thanks, at least we were fortunate enough to get one. Maybe I should start making these if no one else will?

Nice job, Mike. The boat looks great with that tower.

It's sad that there's a pi$$ing contest going on the continued production of the best tower ever made.

No question about that, Ndawg.

Very nice, Mike. Looks GREAT! :rockon:

Thanks Bill... here's how we tested the tower, thought you'd appreciate this. Nothing like a Sky Ski.

post-15552-069884700 1306336721_thumb.jp

martinarcher

Sweet! Looks awesome man. The TIII's are spreading like wildfire now that they aren't available anymore. LOL.gif I love it! I'm pumped I got one as well. Thumbup.gif Your looks great!

Thanks Bill... here's how we tested the tower, thought you'd appreciate this. Nothing like a Sky Ski.

Ha! Atta boy!

Lots of foilin talent down in your part of the country. If your not familiar with any of the riders or events, check out Foilforum.com or drop me a line. I've been to the TX Flyin held near Ft Worth like 4 times. Plus there is an event in LA every year. Very fun group & your guaranteed to learn a LOT.

Looks awesome! Congrats Mike! I'm glad that everything went smoothly for you. It was great working with you on the tower. Now I just gotta get mine mounted (along with the other half-dozen winter projects that I'm still finishing up).

Quick question: When you used the ratchet strap on the rear, did you leave the front and rear pieces connected so that you knew that the quick-connectors would still line up appropriately? Or did just strapping the rear by itself not cause any issues with alignment? I was going to run this by Brett before I got started but thought I would get your input too.

Enjoy it!

Eric

Edit: I forgot to mention that your new boat is BEAUTIFUL!!! :thumbup:

Double Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't notice that you showed what you did in the first pic. It appears that they are connected although the connectors are not visible in the picture. Any tips are still appreciated on the home torturing procedure.

Edited by ecadwell

Glad to see that thing up on the Boat :thumbup: Thanks everyone for all they have done to help another BU owner... Gotta love this forum :werule:

If yall have not seen my other post I just posted, I have found another.... Already have one response....

Looks awesome! Congrats Mike! I'm glad that everything went smoothly for you. It was great working with you on the tower. Now I just gotta get mine mounted (along with the other half-dozen winter projects that I'm still finishing up).

Quick question: When you used the ratchet strap on the rear, did you leave the front and rear pieces connected so that you knew that the quick-connectors would still line up appropriately? Or did just strapping the rear by itself not cause any issues with alignment? I was going to run this by Brett before I got started but thought I would get your input too.

Enjoy it!

Eric

Edit: I forgot to mention that your new boat is BEAUTIFUL!!! :thumbup:

Double Edit: I'm an idiot and didn't notice that you showed what you did in the first pic. It appears that they are connected although the connectors are not visible in the picture. Any tips are still appreciated on the home torturing procedure.

Thanks Eric. The front hoop was bolted down tight and everything was left together. We placed the ratchet strap just above the lower weld and cranked it in twice; 4" the first time and just over 6" the second time. We did it pretty quick and hang on when you let the tension out of that strap. Make sure nothing is in the way when it springs back.

We had 3 of us place the tower up on the boat. From that point forward there were just two of us with the third guy stopping by periodically to assist.

Feel free to call or PM if you want more info. You should have my number from one of those PMs we did back when you were selling the tower.

Let me know.

Cheers,

Mike

Looks great, Mike. Nice job. There's a real hint of genius in your selection of boat and tower. :)

I'd expect you to think so. You need to hurry up and get your tower on, summer is here (in Texas anyway).

I'd expect you to think so. You need to hurry up and get your tower on, summer is here (in Texas anyway).

Oh it's on! I ended up polishing it up and it turned out great for my boat scheme. I'm sketching up a custom bimini rack design now for the T3 -- although I haven't made a decision what I'm doing there yet. Otherwise I'll go with the OTT one from Star One.

Edited by rugger
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh it's on! I ended up polishing it up and it turned out great for my boat scheme. I'm sketching up a custom bimini rack design now for the T3 -- although I haven't made a decision what I'm doing there yet. Otherwise I'll go with the OTT one from Star One.

I ordered an OTT from StarOne back on June 1st. I'll let you know how we like it, but I'm sure it will be awesome.

I'm still waiting on some pics, WTH?

I ordered an OTT from StarOne back on June 1st. I'll let you know how we like it, but I'm sure it will be awesome.

I'm still waiting on some pics, WTH?

Hey Mike, here's one. From the lake today actually. All polished up with a matching bimini -- racks are still in the garage though. Love the Titan III and the boat.

And more before/after. https://picasaweb.google.com/myfourday/TheNewBu

post-5004-016210400 1308098504_thumb.jpg

Edited by rugger

Hey Mike, here's one. From the lake today actually. All polished up with a matching bimini -- racks are still in the garage though. Love the Titan III and the boat.

And more before/after. https://picasaweb.google.com/myfourday/TheNewBu

Man that's a good looking boat! What racks do you have? We need some but haven't ordered any yet. We did order the OTT bimini, but it's not here yet. I had to improvise last weekend as it was frickin hot! Wife says I'm WT, but she wasn't complaning sitting in the shade Saturday.

Have a great summer and keep in touch.

Cheers!

post-15552-055879800 1308149955_thumb.jp

Edited by Hammertime
  • 2 weeks later...

OK Crew, our new T3 tower is on and we love it. I’d like to thank Eric (ecadwell) for selling us the tower and working with me and Brett at StarOne to ensure that it fit properly, Brett at StarOne for all of his time and efforts even though they didn’t sell us the tower, JDubya, rugger, SunriseH20Skier and the rest of the Crew who provided input and offered assistance. :werule:

To say the installation was easy is an understatement, it was a breeze. We installed the front two mounting points first as we had to "torture" the rear points to get the tower to fit properly. We used a large ratchet strap to accomplish this. We only needed to suck it in about 2” total, so we cranked it down about 4” the first time and 6” the second time. When we released the strap, it aligned just fine. We laid out the rear mounting brackets and got that puppy installed. Total installation time was about 4 hours as we spend the majority of the time measuring and verifying it was centered.

It’s gonna be an awesome summer! :partytime:

Make it a great day.

Mike

tower looks great....does your windshield clear the tower when open or does it lay on the tower leg???

Thanks