Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Rapture Weekend at Lake Powell

TheHardWay

Figured we would try to escape the Rapture this last weekend by hiding out in a canyon on Lake Powell. We though we might be the only ones still alive when we made it out of our hiding spot and back to the main channel since it was perfect glass when we first got out there. We were a little disappointed to see that other boats had 'survived'! :crazy:

Here are some pictures that I thought I share with the crew.

IMG_4255.jpg

IMG_4252.jpg

IMG_4249.jpg

IMG_4235.jpg

GOPR1335.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheHardWay

• water_junky

• Slayer

• signguy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What Canyon were you camping in? I can't wait for this weekend down there. I am going down the next weekend and staying for a week.

Smith Fork Canyon is beautiful. We had our houseboat down there a few years ago but the last couple years there has been nothing but shear walls. It is a great canyon to get some glass in the middle of the day as long as no other boats come down the canyon.

What Canyon were you camping in? I can't wait for this weekend down there. I am going down the next weekend and staying for a week.

Smith Fork Canyon, about 12.5 miles up lake from Hall's Crossing at buoy 106 mile on the left.

The water was at 3618' elevation and was rising around 6" a day....unbelievable how much water is coming into the lake, and yet the water temps where we were at were 63-67 :rockon:

Here is a video I shot of cruising in the canyon. The music is kind of corny, but hey it seemed to fit the relaxing atmosphere I got while going through there.

It is HD video, so you might have to let it load for a while before watching it so you don't get choppiness.

5 days and counting for me....

Will be leaving out of Wahweap, so Smith Fork would be quite the haul.

Thanks for sharing the pics, can't get enough of Lake Powell.

I think you found Heaven. Regarding the Rapture...I guess it has been rescheduled for October 21st. :whistle:

Awesome pics. I can never get tired of looking at pics of Powell. :thumbup:

Thanks everyone

I think you found Heaven. Regarding the Rapture...I guess it has been rescheduled for October 21st. :whistle:

Guess I will just have to plan a trip for Oct. 21st then :cry: :cry: :cry:

:rofl:

Powell is a fantastic place!! We head down there on the 15th of June.

Thanks for the video and greats pics!

Terry

Man, there seems to be a few of us on here that get out to Powell. Maybe we should try and put something together like the Weekend on the Water or WOW, that goes on back east and out in California.

Man, there seems to be a few of us on here that get out to Powell. Maybe we should try and put something together like the Weekend on the Water or WOW, that goes on back east and out in California.

And the NW starting this year :whistle: .

I might even make a Powell WOW, looks awesome. Hope you got some pics of the boat out there too, gonna need those for the calendar submittal.