Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Transmission direct drive leaking

CT99ResponseLX

3rd time in the water , first solid ski session this weekend. No more alarm but pulling up to the ramp afterwards, i decided to give everything a once over while we were still running and found a puddle of transmission fluid. I recently used a spill sorb and wiped down the bilge area so i could see any new leaks easily. And new leaks i got! WTF? im hoping that its just an overfill on the tranny and not a seal? I guess thats my question how do i tell if its a seal on the transmission?

Thanks

Check your fluid level and see if it's low. If the leaking is the result of overfill then it will stop leaking once it purges the extra fluid.

Check your fluid level and see if it's low. If the leaking is the result of overfill then it will stop leaking once it purges the extra fluid.

Fair Enough. Thanks man. But, this was the 3rd time out and it should have purged the first time out if it was over full yeah?

Fair Enough. Thanks man. But, this was the 3rd time out and it should have purged the first time out if it was over full yeah?

One would think. :dontknow: Having never overfilled mine I have no idea how quickly it would purge fluid.

Get down in there and wipe down the tranny really well so that you can see where the fluid is coming from.