Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Swim Platform Modification

kbtheboz

Thanks guys!... it works as good as it looks. Tommy did the job early 2003, he only charge me 40$, not sure what he charges now, he also installed the transom saver and trap door... :)

Just curious, how large are the cutouts. (L" X W") Whistling.gif

Pat

Just curious, how large are the cutouts. (L" X W") Whistling.gif

Pat

Pat,

I don't own the boat any more, I sold it to a friend of mine or I would give you the measurements, Tommy did one while I was there and I believe he cut out two 2 inch diameter holes 10 inches apart, and then cut the board with a jig saw. Next time I go over my buddy's house I'll measure it.

MoonDawg, if you look closely Oz's hand holds are only 3/4" deep. Not all the way through.

Pat

Pat,

The platform board is cut all the way thru, there is a board screwed on the bottom of the platform with a small hole drilled in the middle that acts as a bottom... :)

...so the holes are 1-1/2" deep??? I thought they were just 3/4" (the thickness of one layer of teak.) Wow that seems like it may be just as dangerous as just leaving them open. (catch a toe or finger...)

Any injuries associated with them?? I doubt it with you guys being "expierienced" and all.... Biggrin.gif

I think I'm going to make mine just 3/4" deep. If I need to go all the way through, I can.

Oz, thanks for the heads up!

Pat :)

...so the holes are 1-1/2" deep??? I thought they were just 3/4" (the thickness of one layer of teak.) Wow that seems like it may be just as dangerous as just leaving them open. (catch a toe or finger...)

Pat :)

Pat,

Yes, you are correct, the teak board is cut thru the thickness of one layer of teak. We never had any issues with catching anything in the handles, remember the handle is 2 inches wide. Sorry if I didn't explained my self properly. Did you understand there is a teak board screwed under the platform about 12 inches wide that covers the bottom of the handle?... btw: the small hole on the bottom board is just to let the water drain that collects inside the handles... :)

Pat- You might be able to see the handles a bit better in this picture.

post-88-1136469462_thumb.jpg

Edited by BarefootOz