Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Speedometer recalibration

Does anyone have an idea on how to recalibrate the speedometer? I took out the GPS today while on the lake and it looks like the boat is about 1.5-2.0 MPH + off on the speedometer. If you are towing someone at 24 MPH it is really at 22.0-22.5 MPH. I am assuming the GPS is pretty dead on, while using in the car its dead on to the car speedometer.

Any help appreciated, thank you.

was going to put put zero off (gps)on new 2011 vlx when i ordered it, however dealer told me it will always be abit off in the sea ,with waves and swells the gps goes abit off. the malibu speed control is perfect as can be .

The fast answer that you can read while sitting in the boat calibrating is to use the owners manual. It describes how to set it in that.

Page 2-8 and 2-18 in the 2011 manual.

Peter

Edited by SmoothWaterMan