Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Trailer on sloped driveway

Asmodeus2112

Just get yourself a good set of chocks and you'll be fine. The ones that are curved, that really wedge under the tire are the best. Something like these:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/wheel-chock/26247

We use some like these at work that are aluminum to park our large construction trailers in our side parking lot. They weigh in the neighborhood of 14,000 pounds, and there's about a 4-5% grade where they are parked, and we've never had a problem. We just use one chock per side even though they are tandem axle trailers. If you've got good chocks, there's nothing to worry about.

Just get yourself a good set of chocks and you'll be fine. The ones that are curved, that really wedge under the tire are the best. Something like these:

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/wheel-chock/26247

We use some like these at work that are aluminum to park our large construction trailers in our side parking lot. They weigh in the neighborhood of 14,000 pounds, and there's about a 4-5% grade where they are parked, and we've never had a problem. We just use one chock per side even though they are tandem axle trailers. If you've got good chocks, there's nothing to worry about.

Thanks, it's nice to know that I'm not doing something known to be overly risky and stupid. I've done my fair share of those, especially the later...

I bought some good chocks, they are heavy duty rubber type material, good grip on cement plus nicely wide and high. I also have a cable lock through the spoke and around the trailer frame on each wheel as backup. I slept well last night not worrying that every noise was the sound of the trailer beginning it's roll down the drive.

Anyone who has forgotten to remove properly applied chocks on a trailer and tried to pull it will back me up in saying you have less to worry about than you think...

a quick trick for compressing your trailer brakes: take your draw bar and hitch it into your trailer coupler, swing it 180 degrees so the tube of your draw bar aligns under your tongue. use a come-a-long, chinch strap, what have you attached to or fed through your draw bar at one end and anchored on the trailer somewhere on the other. cinch it tight. you are done.