Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Just watched Malibu Open on OLN

Chef23

Those guys are amazing. Beauschane (sp?) and Parrish run 39.5 off like I run 22. They are waiting for every turn. It really was amazing to watch.

I can't wait for next Tuesday when their is more skiing on. I wish I had recorded it. I could watch it 10 times.

I just watched as well, AWESOME! How could someone not be excited about two run offs? That was some great skiing! Parrish is a machine, in his interview he was talking about his height also being a disadvantage in that he could get too much leverage and over ski. That's me for sure. To see him so calm from behind the boat out to the ball and then a nice slow reach- that's great technique.

To contrast Jamie's style, he works a little behind the boat and then when he reaches out slowly he drops his hips to the inside and the end course view shows the super tight and smooth turn.

Now I'm all excited and no water to go shred.

I just watched as well, AWESOME!  How could someone not be excited about two run offs?  That was some great skiing!  Parrish is a machine, in his interview he was talking about his height also being a disadvantage in that he could get too much leverage and over ski.  That's me for sure.  To see him so calm from behind the boat out to the ball and then a nice slow reach- that's great technique.

To contrast Jamie's style, he works a little behind the boat and then when he reaches out slowly he drops his hips to the inside and the end course view shows the super tight and smooth turn.

Now I'm all excited and no water to go shred.

I just wish I had taped it so I could watch it over again.

The lake in my backyard has ice on it now so I am very depressed.

Please tell me someone has both weeks recorded...how 'bout somebody like martho that is digitally fluent make CD copies and let Tracie sell them in our store as a little fund raiser? I'd gladly pay for my own stocking stuffer.

on OLN's website it is listed as the GM votec power hour. My on TV guide listed it as "power on the hour" at completely different times. It was worth the effort of looking for it though. Next stop for them is the MC open.

I've got both episodes DVR'd, but, ummm, I didn't think I'd really have a use for the DVD recorder my wife told me to get. Oops. So I don't really have any way to distribute it. Well, VCR tape I guess.

I would also be extremely interested in seeing the shots from the boat. I was watching from the beach and I must say it was the most amazing display of skiing I've ever seen. Running cold 39.5' like it was nothing... AMAZING!!!!

Anyone know if it is going to show again?

I'll try to remember to check the schedule tonight. Because the ones I recorded were a replay. Someone posted the other day watching it a 4:00 or something - I was still at work. The ones I recorded were in the middle of the night. I wouldn't be surprised if they replay again.

Anyway, anyone know if there is a way to retrieve a "file" out of a DVR?

edit: See Chef's post above - we were typing at the same time. Just FYI there are two 30 minute episodes to see the whole thing.

Edited by vette-ski

I've got a hacked DirecTivo that I can pull down the video, if indeed they do run it again. I found the listing for Power Hour at 2:00AM, but the description isn't the Malibu Open, it's some wakeboarding stuff. I created a Wish List to grab anything in the category of Sports/Skiing. We'll see what comes up.

Do you think it would be possible for OLN to burn it to DVD and sell it to this website? Could they perhaps burn ALL water skiing to a single DVD or two and then perhaps the MODS could work out an agreement with them to make payments?

I would think we could get enough demand if we got us, planetnautique, mymastercraft, & nicolls all to have their MODS take orders. I'd guess at $20 a pop by maybe 50-100 people, it'd could be worth considering?

I've got a hacked DirecTivo that I can pull down the video, if indeed they do run it again. I found the listing for Power Hour at 2:00AM, but the description isn't the Malibu Open, it's some wakeboarding stuff. I created a Wish List to grab anything in the category of Sports/Skiing. We'll see what comes up.

I've got Comcast DVR.

I scanned OLN and it shows The Power Hour next tuesday at 2:00 AM and 4:30 PM. It's titled wakeboard and skiing - I'm pretty sure that will be the two episodes. The program highlights all the events that went on - slalom, jumping, and trick shortboarding.

Set your recorders.

If anyone can pull them off the DVR to disk and burn a DVD, I'd be willing to take one off your hands... compensated of course (PM me...)

PM me first, then PM Matt... Biggrin.gif

BUT SOMEBODY PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN! Help.gif

Edited by HRemington

I would kill for a video/dvd of the open as the boat I just purchase was the boat that pulled the jumpers. I have not seen this, but rather only heard that this is the case. As a matter of fact, I was singing the paperwork when it was on tv, but I had no idea at the time it was on or that this was the boat that pulled the jumpers. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Oh and by the way, I called OLNTV directly and becuase this show is owned by Chevy, they cannot provide access to it.

Edited by thealy