Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

diacom diagnostic same for indmar and merc cruiser??

if someone is a machanic for merc cruiser and has the diacom diagnostic or similar can it be used on indmar since they are GM blocks and EFI ,as there are no indmar machanics here and just worried if i get an alarm ,warning lamp go on in the near future..

thks

if someone is a machanic for merc cruiser and has the diacom diagnostic or similar can it be used on indmar since they are GM blocks and EFI ,as there are no indmar machanics here and just worried if i get an alarm ,warning lamp go on in the near future..

thks

A bunch of friends of mine got together and bought the Diacom software for our ski boats last year, while I am no mechanic the diacom software is "talking to the ECM module (MEFI 1 ,MEFI 2, MEFI 3....ETC) so I thimk it is more what MEFI module you have than what motor you have.

Based on our experience it works fine on Indmar and PCM motors no problem.....just my 2 cents.....others may be more informed than I

Good Luck and hope this helps

A bunch of friends of mine got together and bought the Diacom software for our ski boats last year, while I am no mechanic the diacom software is "talking to the ECM module (MEFI 1 ,MEFI 2, MEFI 3....ETC) so I thimk it is more what MEFI module you have than what motor you have.

Based on our experience it works fine on Indmar and PCM motors no problem.....just my 2 cents.....others may be more informed than I

Good Luck and hope this helps

Here is alink to info about Diacom.

http://www.rinda.com/marine/diacommarine.htm

It supports lots of systems including MerCruiser and Indmar.

Engine Nut

thanks guys ! one more question do i need any other software from malibu or indmar or the diacom is all that is needed ?

thks

All we use is the software that came with the Diacom package