Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

fuel gauge troubleshooting

The fuel gauge on my 02 21 wakesetter has been intermittent at best.

I pulled the floor and operated the float manually and didn't get the needle to come off empty.

I had read about jumping two wires but I havn't found any exposed wires on the sending unit and lost which wire it was going into the "medalion"???

Which pins is it and what should the resistances be for the travel of the float?

Any easy was to troubleshoot?

My local rep said they just grab a known good sender and swap and figure it out that way.

Also how does the built in cooler slide out? I had hell getting the screws out for the corner-back seat base and doubt I can get my hands in there to put them back in unless I can get the cooler out.

How do I test the gauge being a 02 with the quad needle gauges?

I jumped the pink to ground and got no change yet sometimes when I turn the ignition off all of the gauges cycle and it works with the rest.

Also is there a way to test the airmar transducers for the faria depth finder or the depth finder itself?