Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

High output alternators

Peacock

The specifications look Awesome! I wonder what a 150 amp unit cost?

I never did see a claim that it was US Coast Guard Approved. I would not use it if it did not have the sticker. That is the first thing the insurance guy would check after the explosion.

More power to Ya!

Here is where I get all of the highoutput alternators from. http://stores.ebay.com/Alterstart

I had 2 of them on my 00 superair and both were rated at 135amps but bench tested at 150 each. they lasted for 4 years untill I sold the boat. they ARE marine alternators with the flame arester screans in them. You will just have to give them a call they usually have them in stock or they can build one in a day.

later

I got one from battery shack once and although they said marine alternator it did not have the screens and when I called I was pretty much told i was s*** out of luck so I would not recommend them at all.

I thought that the newer Malibus came with a 98 Amp Alternators. That is a pretty high premium at Battery Shack for 2 extra amps.

I think the 150 Amp unit from Zena at $295.00 is a better deal.

Edited by MoonDawg