Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Vinyl Restoration

I have no personal experience with this, but I've seen Dr. Vinyl mentioned several times. Just thought I'd throw that out there as another option to consider.

Subscribed....I am curious to see where this one goes.

Great concept, I would like to know if anyone has used this type of repair as I too have some dsicoloration as well in need of some vinal repair.

I sent emails to area fibrenew and area Dr. Vinyl and will look into this. Obviously there is a price point for this service or everyone would just replace.

Cool. I'd be interested in what kind of pricing you get back. Our vinyl is in really good shape for being a 2000, as I think the previous owner had it replaced at least once. But, there are a few knicks in it that we've thought about getting patched before they get worse.

Edited by hethj7

Crew,

I have some discoloration and stains on the vinyl, I would like to put off recovering the whole boat as long as possible. Has anyone tried one of the services such as

http://www.fibrenew.com/

where they come out and work some magic?

Thanks

We had a local guy like this service who worked magic on all sorts of vinyl damage. They can spray out a good amount of stains, although the real magic is on tears and punctures.

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I had the Fibrenew guy come down and repair two boats.

The 87 Supra had some splits in the back rest of the observer seat

Before:

IMG_4825.jpg

IMG_4831.jpg

AFTER:

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4853.jpg

The Malibu Cushions

Before

7F5EE46C-orig.jpg

22925B69-orig.jpg

13E15E72-orig.jpg

After

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4892.jpg

IMG_4904.jpg

Most of the repairs are on the inside of the cushions, they are functional, they look better than before, not perfect.

If they hold, I should get another season or two out of the vinyl

Cost about $100 bucks a cushion, about ten large tears repaired and twenty small repairs

The repairs to the Supra were more dramatic and less obvious, cost for the Supra repairs $220

Edited by Bozboat
martinarcher

Looks pretty good.

I know the vinyl guy I used to install the skin Chee made for my dogbox was pretty reasonable. He was kind of bummed when i showed up with a skin and he didn't get to make it himself. He learned his trade in CA and is pretty darn good. Debating if I should turn him loose on the interior of the truck. Whistling.gif

Did you price having skins made? I'd be surprised if they would be much more than $100 each.

Edited by martinarcher

$100 each for skins would be great, but I would want to replace the bolsters? back rests, side panels, well all of it. So I was trying to get a season or two out of what I have and then spend a winter getting the interior redone. Most of the tears were on the hull side of the cushions.

Edited by Bozboat