Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

A Good NIBRAL Cleaner?

Looking for a good cleaner to remove oxidation from NIBRAL parts and bring back shine (prop, rudder, etc.).

I have tried several cleaner/polishes in the past and some clean OK but are still lacking and others discolor or tarnish the metal.

Any good suggestions?

Thanks

Looking for a good cleaner to remove oxidation from NIBRAL parts and bring back shine (prop, rudder, etc.).

I have tried several cleaner/polishes in the past and some clean OK but are still lacking and others discolor or tarnish the metal.

Any good suggestions?

Thanks

What do you mean by oxidation? Most nibral turns a bit darker and maybe vinegar may brighten it but I have never seen any oxidation, are you running in salt water or brackish?

What do you mean by oxidation? Most nibral turns a bit darker and maybe vinegar may brighten it but I have never seen any oxidation, are you running in salt water or brackish?

It may not be oxidation... dull dry look?

That's what I did too. Works great.

I did a different version of this and just used some sandpaper. Worked well for me too. Didn't do the whole wedge because I was selling it, just wanted to show the buyer that they could clean it up if they cared.

I did a different version of this and just used some sandpaper. Worked well for me too. Didn't do the whole wedge because I was selling it, just wanted to show the buyer that they could clean it up if they cared.

Well, I didn't do the wedge, but I did the prop and rudder. They were stained from an acid wash, and the wire wheel brightened it all up. I should do the wedge, half the anodization is off anyway.

I use flitz

Nice and shiny

And yes I have too much time on my hands and I'm anal

I looked Flitz up on line, do you use the metal and fiberglass polish?

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help

Metal also use if on the wakeboard racks , lights etc

Thanks for your help

FYI same polish for metal and fiberglass

Crap another project

Thanks Pete

I just finished polishing my bilge pump.

Edited by my malibu

Polishing the propeller ? :crazy:

Mother's Aluminum Wheel Polish ?

Only a guy who fully detailed the engine compartment in his wife's car BEFORE taking it in to the dealer for the annual service would do that :rofl:

Which I just did :whistle:

Edited by DONTW8

Crap another project

Thanks Pete

Pete hope the bilge pump works as good as it looks now LOL :crazy:

Used a metal cleaner / polish as suggested and it made quite a difference. For those BU owners that don't want to use sandpaper, scotchbrite, wirewheels etc. this is a farely quick easy way to make NIBRAL parts look better.

And for the people that think it's a waste of time... :whistle:

I used a wire wheel on my wedge arms, but they were absolutely COATED with junk when I started. Looks good now!

I just bought a used wedge that will need some cleaning up. I will probably start with the wire wheel on the heavier stuff then fiinish with the metal cleaner