Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Axis A22 wake pics

Chattwake

Thought you guys might like to see some pics of the wake behind my A22. In these pics, we're running around 23mph and riding between 70 and 85 feet. I've got factory ballast full, + the plug n play front sac, wedge, two 1000lb plumbed in surf bags in the rear hatches about 80% full, and 3 people in the boat

axischatt5.jpg

axischatt1.jpg

axischatt7.jpg

axischatt11.jpg

I am asking this because I'm a west coaster where we don't have many lakes with boat houses and such... Are the neighbors cool with that big wake ? Particularly in pic 2.

Honest, no flame intended, just curious.

It's the raptor 400. Yeah, about 3500lbs + the wedge. That area is pretty tight right there but the boats in that slew are on lifts and we know most people who live there. In 6 years no one has said anything to us about riding. It opens up right after that dock anyway and there is only one more dock then it's all wooded lots.

Mother of Pearl - that is an amazing wake. Adam did a great job with the wake on the AXIS. How much additional up front? Are you running the 1200lb sac in addition to stock?

Yes I'm running that extra bow sac. No, I'm the guy wearing the brace. I've only got 4 basic inverts right row. No mobies or anything to blind yet.

martinarcher

Looks awesome man! Love it! Rockon.gif Never ridden behind an Axis boat, but I see an A22 running the river once in a while and know where it's lift is. Looks like a sweet ride. Thumbup.gif

Congrats on the wake....looks amazing and has to be a blast!

martinarcher

Looks awesome man! Love it! Rockon.gif Never ridden behind an Axis boat, but I see an A22 running the river once in a while and know where it's lift is. Looks like a sweet ride. Thumbup.gif

Congrats on the wake....looks amazing and has to be a blast!

Chattwake, I was playing around on an A22 this weekend, and was impressed with the simplicity of the manual wedge. However I and others have noticed that often the best place for the wedge is not all the way down to the locked position...but just an inch or so so short of all the way down and locked. That's at 22mph and at surf speeds. As I was playing with the pinch spring mechanism on the Axis manual wedge, I was wondering if just drilling additional sets of notches for the wedge to lock into at different positions would work, to all you to choose the angle of the wedge and change the shape of the wave?

I would not do that. I don't think the pins would hold. Plus, I love the way the floating wedge works. It always seems to find the sweet spot in my a22. Not to mention that it not being locked in allows the wedge to move into a position that produces less drag when turning. Most likely the floating wedge ends up where you'd want it anyway.