Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

How much weight is swim platform rated for?

Fman

How much weight are the swim platforms rated for? does anyone have any idea on this? I was guessing 300-400 lbs (two adults). Cant find any data in the manual on what they recommend for max. weight on the swim platform.

Being you should get on the platform when your in the water the overall weight factor isn't really an issue. Being your in the water it's going to move with the added weight. Two or three adults standing on it won't hurt a thing as long as they're not jumping up and down. When the boat is out of the water no one should ever fut their full weight on it.

Being you should get on the platform when your in the water the overall weight factor isn't really an issue. Being your in the water it's going to move with the added weight. Two or three adults standing on it won't hurt a thing as long as they're not jumping up and down. When the boat is out of the water no one should ever fut their full weight on it.

What? Are you saying that you shouldn't stand on the swim platform when the boat is on the trailer?

What? Are you saying that you shouldn't stand on the swim platform when the boat is on the trailer?

Yes. Why would I take a chance with cracking my teak?

I don't agree at all. Yes, the hull gives in the water when your jumping up & down. But there is no difference in 2 or even 3 adults sitting on the swimstep if it's on the trailer or on a calm lake.

Jumping around on it & all bets are off. I've seen 1 normal sized man break a bracket underneath the teak by himself.... while the boat was on the lake.

Unless the platform its self is actually in the water, all the weight on the platform is transferred to the brackets and the hull, doesnt matter if the boat is in the water or on the trailer. If you have enough weight in the back of the boat and the platform is under water, then I suppose some of the weight on the platform could be dispersed by the water, but most of it is still transferred to the brackets.

Id put 3 or 4 people on my 02 LSV's teak platform all day long without a problem, and the new VTX with a fiberglass platform and the new mounting brackets appears even stronger. On the trailer, in the water, or on the lift, I think I'd run out of physical square footage for people (or cargo) before we went over weight on the platform. I dont think I would tow it down the road too far with much more than 100 pounds on the platform, however.