Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Please help

pawter1970

Hello gents,

posted this previously but still need some help. Got wires installed from the tower lights (2) all the way to the ACC switch....now how do I connect the wires to the switch? Meaning to which connector on the back of the ACC switch? Got a nice diagram posted earlier by Shawndoggy but it looks like its showing to connect the light wires to a relay, thought I could just connect the wires directly to the ACC switch. Any help is well appreciated. Thank you.

Edited by freddielam

Hello gents,

posted this previously but still need some help. Got wires installed from the tower lights (2) all the way to the ACC switch....now how do I connect the wires to the switch? Meaning to which connector on the back of the ACC switch? Got a nice diagram posted earlier by Shawndoggy but it looks like its showing to connect the light wires to a relay, thought I could just connect the wires directly to the ACC switch. Any help is well appreciated. Thank you.

You should use a relay if the load is large. i.e. tower lights. look back at Shawndoggy's diagram, I saw it when he posted it. If you use that it will work welll for years to come.

Yeah, the relay would be the safe route. I installed a light bar on my old boat. Once you figured it out, it's pretty easy work. Shawndoggy's drawing is pretty good.

Here is the formula: Total power in Watts=Volts*Amps, therefore Amps=Watts/Volts. I think the switch can handle 10 amps. If the result is more than that, you need the relay.

Take a look at your owners manual and see what all of your accessory switches are fused for. I know in my boat one of the acc switches was specifically designed for tower lights and fused with a higher amp fuse, therefore not requiring a relay.

Edited by msuwaterski

Thanks guys, i only have 2 lights and was told by the dealer that i don't need a relay, I checked the manual and yes the ACC switch is actually amped for tower lights. I just need to know where to connect the light wires to the back of the switch. There is 3 wire clamps on the back of the switch and need to know which one is what as I will need to disconnect whatever wires that are connected and then connect the new light wires. I see the top wire clamp has 2 wires and the other 2 only one wire.

If I need a relay or go with one, I would still need to know how to get the power from the switch to the relay...right?

Please if anyone can just simply explain how to connect the light wires to the back of the ACC switch. Thank you all for your trumendous help.