Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACC switch

pawter1970

got 2 wires coming to the ACC switch for 2 tower lights. One wire for each light, each wire has 2 wires (Black and white). Anyone knows how to properly connect to the ACC switch? I see that most dash switch have 3 wires connect to it so I am not sure how to connect it properly. Please help.

Thank you Shawndoggy,

I am not sure if I get this...I have the wires all ready to plug in into the back of the ACC switch, is that wrong? Do I need to plug the wires somewhere else? I guess I would need a diagram showing where i need to plug the wires on the ACC switch. Please help

How many amps do the tower lights pull? You probably don't want more than 10 amps going through the dash switch. If it's more than that, then you want to run a relay like the diagram. The relay is a switch that can handle more current and is turned on and off by a power input from another switch.

The dash switches are rated for 20A, but Shawn is right, you need to use a relay with tower lights. A really is basically a controller that is triggered by the switch on the dash. The main current is flowing directly from the battery to the lights through the relay, and a very small current is flowing through the dash switch.

What lights do you have? If they're from a reputable brand they should include a wiring harness with a relay built in.