Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fman

PICS OF YOUR BOAT ON THE WATER!

DarenCunningham

Well I got to use it one weekend at least...LOL.

Pic1.jpg

Pic2.jpg

JPizzle

Dfowkes
5 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

53DC42CE-3ED0-486A-8F70-63AE61FB9390.thumb.jpeg.cbc121885b1949deddcaa31e81051e65.jpeg

Nice Edit. Beautiful boat. 

Edited by Dfowkes
Typo

UWSkier
4 hours ago, Weave said:

2021 Malibu 20VTX.    A big upgrade from my 2003 Sunsetter LXI.   When the wife gets exited about a boat, there is not choice but to buy it. 

1AD09E57-D8A6-4532-85AF-43E504818ECC.jpeg

1379BFE6-6FEC-48A0-B8F1-0A38AA54B97F.jpeg

Will be interested in your thoughts on the skiing behind this vs the LXi. Sharp boat! 

amwilliams1414

2007 VTX 

F0F3D88D-8B7E-496C-8572-3890B4035F98.jpeg

Weave

19 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Will be interested in your thoughts on the skiing behind this vs the LXi. Sharp boat! 

I’m not a course skier, but I enjoy slalom runs with aggressive turns.  My fist slalom run behind the boat, the wake was actually softer than expected, but also little bigger.  My wife was struggling after her first run.  

Next time we went out, my wife thought it was great, and I didn’t like my settings.

For slalom runs, I’m going to miss the Lxi, but that was to be expected.  As we have more time with the boat next summer, I am sure we will find the sweet spot to ski.   I expect it will make us stronger across the wake.  

The VTX is a more powerful boat, and does not budge when the skier is turning, and it pulled me out of the hole quicker and easier than the Lxi.

With the Lxi I could feel the skier tug on the boat a little.    

In the end for us this is an all day boat.  Ski in the morning and evening, surf and wakeboard in between.   

Edited by Weave

breakz77
On 9/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, Sparky450 said:

Personally, I think the original has a much better flow to it. 😎😎

It was crazy the amount of boats that was out there supporting on Saturday.. I've never seen anything like it :)

ndahlberg12

@Weave Is that Nassau and Silver Metallic or Nassau and Gunmetal?

Weave
10 minutes ago, ndahlberg12 said:

@Weave Is that Nassau and Silver Metallic or Nassau and Gunmetal?

Nassau blue and silver metallic