Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tubes

Hammertime

Not sure, but my kids and their friends do very similar tricks on O'Brien Screamers. The 1 person version is best.

They do rolls, roll over the top of each other, jump over or land on each other. Pretty entertaining. Here is the link to them at Overtons.

My link

• 1 month later...

Question...we purchased the Airhead Slice (2 person) and something doesn't quite seem right.

As soon as someone falls off of it, we immediately slow down to turn around and the tube immediately goes under the water, kinda like a sea anchor.

We are pulling from the back of the boat, not the pylon or the tower.

Any thoughts?

I have 2 seadoo tubes that are 70" that perform very similar to those. They are big but once they get some wind under them you can get some pretty good air. I have a couple of other tubes including an airhead that doesnt get anywhere near the air that we can on the seadoo tubes. This is the exact one that I have: http://www.jbeezwatercraft.com/store/product_info.php/products_id/13434

I have 2 seadoo tubes that are 70" that perform very similar to those. They are big but once they get some wind under them you can get some pretty good air. I have a couple of other tubes including an airhead that doesnt get anywhere near the air that we can on the seadoo tubes. This is the exact one that I have: http://www.jbeezwatercraft.com/store/product_info.php/products_id/13434

You didn't mention if you're encountering the same problem i am.

Yes, tubes will do that sometime. Is the canvas filling with water around the tube? Add more air and go even slower.

I could live with sometimes, but it seems to be most of the time... maybe I'll try an O'Brien.

how is the rope attached to the tube harness? is it looped so that it is pulling the front of the tube "up" or " down"? There is just a little difference in the rope connection but it makes a difference.

That's what I have too, except the HO version. Great tube for all ages, not too big, etc.

:plus1: - have 2 of these exact tubes & the kids luv em - they do all this stuff too - had larger tubes when kids were smaller that they all could fit on but as teenagers they luv the low profile pancake tubes they can throw themselves around on - no hole in center - and can control them like crazy - 2person better for our older teenagers/friends than 1 person.

Question...we purchased the Airhead Slice (2 person) and something doesn't quite seem right.

As soon as someone falls off of it, we immediately slow down to turn around and the tube immediately goes under the water, kinda like a sea anchor.

We are pulling from the back of the boat, not the pylon or the tower.

Any thoughts?

try more air in the tube & make sure your tow loop points the tube up & not nose down :whistle:

... and use the tower or pylon to raise the rope angle - not the transom eyes. :biggrin:

Edited by NuBuGuy2011

Good points, thanks for the input.

I'll try most of them this weekend and will let you know what we figure out.

I was told never to pull a tube from a tower because it adds too much stress to it. Not sure how valid that is, but we won't be pulling tubes from the tower.

Thanks again.

I was told never to pull a tube from a tower because it adds too much stress to it. Not sure how valid that is, but we won't be pulling tubes from the tower.

Thanks again.

Wait a second....you have the Holy Grail of towers, Isn't it okay to tube from a TIII?

Wait a second....you have the Holy Grail of towers, Isn't it okay to tube from a TIII?

:rofl: "Holy Grail of Towers" now that's rich!

It might be OK, but I'm not gonna do it.

Thanks again.

Correct, tubes (and water skies) add a lot of side stress to towers. Some people do it but it's not worth the chance of getting cracks in the gel coat.

So we pulled from the pylon Saturday and it went much better. Only sank the tube once when we pulled it into a wave while turing around to pick up the girls.

Thanks again for the comments guys. :yahoo: