Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maiden Voyage!!

rennis

Finally broke 60* on Saturday here in Seattle...we de-winterized the vRide and took it out in Lk. Wa. for a quick spin late in the day.

2011-04-239520-00-1795205.jpg

boat ran like a champ! Only had two issues...Sony deck won't eject the jazz cd the prior owners left in it for us (:rockon:) so we'll have to get that fixed, and it never seemed to warm up. We only ran it for a half hour, and not very hard, but engine temps wouldn't get up past 125*. Is that common when water and air temps are low? Water temp was 56* and air temps were around 61*

That one had me scratchin' my head a little. The heater definitely wouldn't blow hot air, for reference.

it never seemed to warm up. We only ran it for a half hour, and not very hard, but engine temps wouldn't get up past 125*. Is that common when water and air temps are low? Water temp was 56* and air temps were around 61*

That one had me scratchin' my head a little. The heater definitely wouldn't blow hot air, for reference.

It should still warm up. I would replace the thermostat. While you're at it, you should replace the impeller unless you know when it was last changed out.

... engine temps wouldn't get up past 125*...The heater definitely wouldn't blow hot air, for reference.

The engine should run ~ 160° regardless of water / air temps. That's the job of the thermostat. It sounds like your t-stat is stuck wide open. Time to replace it.

Congrats! On the maiden voyage & on making it to 60! :rockon:

We skipped right by 60 & made it to 70 this weekend. Thanks to global warming this is the latest in the year the temps have gotten this warm..... EVER. :Doh:

Things like the thermostat & the impeller, plus maybe the alternator belt, should probably be replaced if you don't know anything about them. Being an 07, you should be good on the hoses. But depending on how & where the boat was stored, I've seen dry rot, cracked belts & hoses, etc. as soon as 6 or 7 yrs old.

Congrats! On the maiden voyage & on making it to 60! :rockon:

We skipped right by 60 & made it to 70 this weekend. Thanks to global warming this is the latest in the year the temps have gotten this warm..... EVER. :Doh:

Things like the thermostat & the impeller, plus maybe the alternator belt, should probably be replaced if you don't know anything about them. Being an 07, you should be good on the hoses. But depending on how & where the boat was stored, I've seen dry rot, cracked belts & hoses, etc. as soon as 6 or 7 yrs old.

Thanks all for the replies. I'll change the thermoshizzle for sure. I'll check service records too for the last time the impeller was swapped.

:beer:

Any more pics of the boat?

didn't really take any pics of it this weekend (will wait til we've done a little more work on it and get some better sunshine!) but this is my introduction thread from January:

martinarcher

Thanks all for the replies. I'll change the thermoshizzle for sure. I'll check service records too for the last time the impeller was swapped.

:beer:

LOL.gif That one made me laugh. Sounds like one of my buddies.....he adds shizzle to everything. ROFL.gif

Yeah, get it swapped and check out you impeller and belts. I assume the oil and tranny fluid was changed when it was winterized. if not, time to change it. Thumbup.gif