Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Anit-Seize or regular grease for tower bolts

old skool malibu

I've never used the copper stuff. And that container would last me a lifetime. You should be able to find the tubes at most any auto parts store.

0000-Permatex-Anti-Seize-Lubricant---.jpg

BTW, I've used oil before. I'm sure grease would work too. Even used spit a few times. The screws didn't gall going in. But I'm sure any of those won't last like anti-seize does.

I've never used the copper stuff. And that container would last me a lifetime. You should be able to find the tubes at most any auto parts store.

0000-Permatex-Anti-Seize-Lubricant---.jpg

BTW, I've used oil before. I'm sure grease would work too. Even used spit a few times. The screws didn't gall going in. But I'm sure any of those won't last like anti-seize does.

:plus1:

Give Paul a call and ask him what it was like getting the rear hoop off of the boat where the guy didn't use any anti-seize on his rear hoop bolt. It ruined the tower. I know the anti-sieze sucks, and do keep it off your seats. Clean it up right away. Man I don't miss that mess and headache.