Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New VTX

obski

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• obski

• scott_fx

• TheHardWay

• kab285

Well our new VTX finally arrived and we are supposed to be picking it up this week. It was just off to have the extra large heated observers seat installed, which was a requirement of my wife. I think I have mentioned before that she does not like to be cold. Everything looks great and I especially like how the interior vinyl turned out, but I have one problem to make a decision on now. I ordered the boat without the 'Wakesetter' graphic, but it arrived with the graphic on. Now I have to decide whether to leave it on, or to have the dealer have it removed. I don't think it stands out as much as I thought it would, but had wanted to go without it. Any opinions?

VTX2.jpg

VTX1.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

I am a fan of the clean look, but those look killer on that boat. i would roll with them for a while, if u don't fall for them then have them peeled later.....kind of the best of both worlds

I never asked cause I knew it!!!!

My first hint was that I saw a boat exactly like your old one at AWS.

Super sweet boat OBSKI

I would leave them on for a year and then come back next year naked and tell everyone you got another new boat.... :lol:

Edited by Ruffdog

I never asked cause I knew it!!!!

My first hint was that I saw a boat exactly like your old one at AWS.

Super sweet boat OBSKI

I would leave them on for a year and then come back next year naked and tell everyone you got another new boat.... :lol:

I like it. Great idea.

I told them to leave the graphics on for now and will think about having them removed in a year or so.

Mike, we'll have to get you out in this one this year!

Edited by obski

Thanks guys.

No matter which route he goes with it, it is a B.E.A.-UTIFUL boat and I am diggin' that color scheme :rockon:

Thanks for the photoshop work. I like the 'Malibu' emblem on the boat. I don't personally care for just the 'WS' graphic, but it is an interesting idea I hadn't thought of.

I'll post some more pictures of the interior after I pick up the boat. Looks like I will be able to go skiing and pick up the boat tomorrow.

Thanks for the photoshop work. I like the 'Malibu' emblem on the boat. I don't personally care for just the 'WS' graphic, but it is an interesting idea I hadn't thought of.

I'll post some more pictures of the interior after I pick up the boat. Looks like I will be able to go skiing and pick up the boat tomorrow.

yeah, it looks too high. the one i saw in the magazine was lower. i agree with you though

Great looking VTX, I personally like the Wakesetter Decal, To me it gives it Attitude, Hope to see you on the river Soon...although this Weather is killing me, But think of all that Money we are saving in Fuel....

Decal or no decal! I really don't think there is a wrong answer here! Looking at Wakesetter67's boat, the decal really sets it off. I am really glad I am not faced with such a decision! But then again, maybe that is a good sort of decision to have to make. I can't decide........

Decal or no decal! I really don't think there is a wrong answer here! Looking at Wakesetter67's boat, the decal really sets it off. I am really glad I am not faced with such a decision! But then again, maybe that is a good sort of decision to have to make. I can't decide........

i agree that wakesetter67's boat looks great with the decal, but his boat doesn't have as many contrasting colors so i think it works on his boat. just my $.02 i wish i had this decision to make!

If you take them off and then decide you like it better with them on it will be $$$$. The other way around is cheaper.

Well I got the boat home on Wednesday and finally got around to loading in the gear and taking some pictures.

Here is the boat in it's new home

IMG_0254.jpg

I'm liking the Boatmate trailer with LED lights at the rear and this 'Malibu' die cut that lights up

IMG_0257.jpg

And this nice jack and thoughtful places to clip and hang things for storage

IMG_0255.jpg

I arranged to have Cory make a cover instead of the usual cover the dealer orders. It looks great and has a fantastic fit. The dealer was impressed with it as well and is thinking of offering Evolution to their customers. It would be a good move.

IMG_0256.jpg

The G3 tower. I would like to be able to add a ski rack. I'm not too sure the bimini is stored correctly as it doesn't seem to fit quite right. The boot may need another set of straps.

IMG_0258.jpg

Very nice and beautiful boat. Can you tell us which gray color it is you chose for the interior vinyl? I think that is about perfect for looking sharp without being too dark, and it's hard to get a feel for the actual colors on the website.

I agree with the Bimini Boot needing a couple more straps... It only has 2 on the outer edges and it flaps in the wind when going down the highway. It could use 2 more close to the middle of the boot....

Very nice and beautiful boat. Can you tell us which gray color it is you chose for the interior vinyl? I think that is about perfect for looking sharp without being too dark, and it's hard to get a feel for the actual colors on the website.

Thanks. The interior vinyl colors are:

Base - Moonbeam

Accent 1 - Light Graphite

Main - White

Bead - Midnight Blue

Cushion Panel - Black

We got the boat out on the water today and had a great time. I am even more convinced that I made the right decision to trade in the VLX for the "3D" VTX. It handles incredibly well and the slalom wake is awesome.

I have found that the wind block doesn't fit right and I have a few issues with the audio, but I will get those worked out. I also think that the ballast tanks were filling some while underway, so will need to keep an eye on that.

We got the boat out on the water today and had a great time. I am even more convinced that I made the right decision to trade in the VLX for the "3D" VTX. It handles incredibly well and the slalom wake is awesome.

I have found that the wind block doesn't fit right and I have a few issues with the audio, but I will get those worked out. I also think that the ballast tanks were filling some while underway, so will need to keep an eye on that.

So I also just took out my new VTX. Did you have any problems with the rear seat cushions lifting up at speeds over 30 MPH? I made sure they were in place nice and tight but it happened a few times.