Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Storage Day

Headhunter 2317

After winterization, today was the day to clean, wax, 303, and buff. I was standing back admiring my work when it hit me that I actually had to to store her for the winter. It was a beautiful sunny 58 degree day so waxing was a pleasure and for a little while I almost convinced myself that it was still boating season.

Cry.gif

Edited by Headhunter 2317

Our lake just froze over this week - the local Nautique dealer had to cancel his polar bear ski. It hasn't been above 28F for the last 10 days, and I don't think it's supposed to again for what'll seem like about 10 years. Cry.gif

I was just thrilled to have a beautiful sunny day to clean her up. As a bonus, I got a nice sunburn on my face. :blush:

Another thought....Does anyone hand wax anymore or am I behind the times? My brother in law gave me an orbital but I guess I just like the "hands on" feel of caring for my baby. I do the same with our cars.

And the smell and feel of 303 shining up the vinyl is pretty nice too.

The CFO says that the BU is my "Mechanical Mistress" :lol:

We are bringing our boat home for the Holidays!!! We store it in my grandparents garage and they come home for the month of december so its coming back home for a few weeks! Hopefully I will get some boating related gifts and be able to install/work on them while its home.

BTW-it sucks putting it away Headhunter, but bringing it out of storage (even if you can't use it) is great Yahoo.gif

I was just thrilled to have a beautiful sunny day to clean her up.  As a bonus, I got a nice sunburn on my face.  :blush:

Another thought....Does anyone hand wax anymore or am I behind the times?  My brother in law gave me an orbital but I guess I just like the "hands on" feel of caring for my baby.  I do the same with our cars. 

And the smell and feel of 303 shining up the vinyl is pretty nice too.

The CFO says that the BU is my "Mechanical Mistress"  :lol:

I hand wax still. It doesn't take to long with the new polymer waxes and it seems like an orbital would be overkill.

I prefer to hand wax it myself.  Glad I've got the boat in the garage to work on it whenever.  It was in the low 60's on Saturday..of course I was sleeping all day.

OK Jack, now this one is more my style. Exactly what is the 'it' that Mdude wants to hand wax, and why is 'it' so important that he does 'it' in his boat, in his garage, whenever he wants? :)

I prefer to hand wax it myself.  Glad I've got the boat in the garage to work on it whenever.  It was in the low 60's on Saturday..of course I was sleeping all day.

OK Jack, now this one is more my style. Exactly what is the 'it' that Mdude wants to hand wax, and why is 'it' so important that he does 'it' in his boat, in his garage, whenever he wants? :)

dirty ROFL.gif

Hand waxing a vehicle or boat is really a de-stresser for me. You can't help but get into a good mood cracking open a cold one on and rubbing some carnuba on your baby.....

Wow! Freud would have a field day with this one!

I keep making excuses to go up to the storage and check on the boat. Last week it was that I need to put out some more rat poison.

"Mechanical Mistress" - That would be a good boat name.