Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Tower Lights

pawter1970

I need to install 2 tower lights on my Illusion X tower, looks like the previous owner use the light wires in the tower for the tower speakers as the wires are red and black #14 gauge. I am thinking of snaking in new wires for the lights and connect to one ACC switch on the dash but I keep ready about relay box and such. What should I do?

Thank you.

Freddie

2 ways I know of...

Harbor Freight has one of those flexible cable snakes that electricians use to route and pull wires thru the walls... for like 10$

or, use a vaccuum cleaner to suck kite string up down thru the tower...tie off your wire bundle once thru and gently yank and pull/feed your wires back down thru. From personal experience, go from top to bottom both times...and use gravity as your friend. :rofl:

Wires can be pulled as nyryan said above - and like he said - gently work it through. It seems like there should be a ton of room inside the tower for wiring - but it gets really tight and jammed up often and may take a few routes around mounuting lugs, etc. Patience is the key.... good luck!!!

"...and connect to one ACC switch on the dash but I keep ready about relay box and such. What should I do?"

think you should consider a relay for the switch, most switches aren't meant to handle the full power load of the lights.

2 ways I know of...

Harbor Freight has one of those flexible cable snakes that electricians use to route and pull wires thru the walls... for like 10$

or, use a vaccuum cleaner to suck kite string up down thru the tower...tie off your wire bundle once thru and gently yank and pull/feed your wires back down thru. From personal experience, go from top to bottom both times...and use gravity as your friend. :rofl:

:bump: Great Idea. Haven't thought of that one, now maybe tower lights will make the todo list :dontknow::werule:

2 ways I know of...

:plus1: This is how I do it when I pull wire as well.

martinarcher

:bump: Great Idea. Haven't thought of that one, now maybe tower lights will make the todo list :dontknow::werule:

That's how I ran my tower speaker wire.....works like a champ. Thumbup.gif Just be sure to use heavy enough string. Mine was too light an it was pretty close to getting cut through by the edge of the hole in the tower.

Edited by martinarcher

Thanks guys,

started to install the lights today, want to put the lights right under the bimini facing forward, pulled the rubber cap and the rubber insert and tried to put the adaptor in the hole but looks like the adaptor from the Star One lights I bought fits losely in the hole and wont hold up. Do I need to slide the adaptor in the rubber insert so it get tighter or am i missing something here? Please help. :unsure: