Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Sea foam

drc007

Well went to autozone today and picked up new plugs for the boat (NGK) and while checking out I saw this stuff sea foam ... It's suppose to be some kind of fuel addictive that does just about everything ... I was wondering if anyone has ever used any of this in their boat and did it change anything?

It's not bad stuff, nor is it magic like some folks say. I use it occasionally like gas treatment and pour a can in the gas. I like it because sea foam did a great job clearing up a set of gummed up motorcycle carbs I had years ago.

Like a liquid mechanic. It's worked wonders on our two stroke stuff in the past. Haven't seen quite as big of improvements on the four strokes, but it definitely helps. I use it pretty religiously in my truck and run about 1 can a year through the boat. Starting this year, I'm going to start using it in the crankcase and inducting it through the air intake to clean up the valvetrain. I do this every 15k miles or so on my truck. Really helps clean the carbon off the valves. Smokes like a beetch too. :)

Like a liquid mechanic. It's worked wonders on our two stroke stuff in the past. Haven't seen quite as big of improvements on the four strokes, but it definitely helps. I use it pretty religiously in my truck and run about 1 can a year through the boat. Starting this year, I'm going to start using it in the crankcase and inducting it through the air intake to clean up the valvetrain. I do this every 15k miles or so on my truck. Really helps clean the carbon off the valves. Smokes like a beetch too. :)

:plus1: used it to clean up an old car engin, 150K+ miles and does work, I used half a can through the break vacum to the valve train and intake and the rest plus another can to the tank.

Smoke goes away after a couple of hard accellerations. :biggrin:

I hanen't used it in the boat though....Bu only has about 500 hours.

I've been using Sea Foam for about 25 years. It is great stuff. I use it in my car, truck, outboards and Bu, I put a can in the gas at the beginning of the season and in my vehicles about every 6-10 tanks of gas. Highly recommended.

I used a can some in the fuel and the recommended amount in The crank case of my 4 stroke outboard on my pontoon last year. It ran better then ever other then the first year. I give it a :thumbup: .