Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

maiden voyage

A-hole

Community,

I had a dissasterous 1st run on the lake saturday.The motor is probably cracked...etc....

I can not find a # to malibu the manufacturer (kind of stange)

The dealer at the moment is out of my picture on this ,I need help. A phone # is needed

regards

Community,

I had a dissasterous 1st run on the lake saturday.The motor is probably cracked...etc....

I can not find a # to malibu the manufacturer (kind of stange)

The dealer at the moment is out of my picture on this ,I need help. A phone # is needed

regards

Have any details of what happend?

the boat was delivered 12-22-10 . i have 4 boats & know how important winterizing is.i'm not new to boating.all conversations were forgoten by the dealer on the weatherization for the 5 month storage.,today, by them. i was basiclly told to screw off.

i've moved on to malibu..............i'll keep everyone informed.

the boat motor is toast ,has 1.6 hours on it....at delivery it had 1.4 hours. the other .2 were put on in the lake in near sinking state this past weekend.

:(

the boat was delivered 12-22-10 . i have 4 boats & know how important winterizing is.i'm not new to boating.all conversations were forgoten by the dealer on the weatherization for the 5 month storage.,today, by them. i was basiclly told to screw off.

the boat motor is toast ,has 1.6 hours on it....at delivery it had 1.4 hours. the other .2 were put on in the lake in near sinking state this past weekend.

Not sure I follow everything....so you bought a boat and the dealer agreed to store it for you. The dealer neglected to winterize?

Not sure I follow everything....so you bought a boat and the dealer agreed to store it for you. The dealer neglected to winterize?

that's how I understood it.

Wow that really sucks.

I went back to look at your post when you closed the deal, everyone seemed to have good things to say about the dealer then. Not sure why a dealer would let any boat go out the door in December without it being winterized. Maybe it is a different problem, hose not attached drain plug not in or something like that causing the problem. Can you see a crack in the block? Did you take it by the dealer for them to verify what the problem is? I would think the dealer would be all over trying to verify what is wrong with the boat.

Kris

:dontknow::rtfm::help: Strange post, hard to offer advice with so little of a story. Kinda like going to the doc and saying "Im sick, fix me" Help us out man

"Sounds like each guy thought the other guy winterized the boat, when in reality nobody did.. That sucks. Good luck"

I feel like the dealer should have know better if thats the case. if you sell a boat in december obviously it will not be used in most states so wouldnt you just drain the block and avoid angry customers.

"Sounds like each guy thought the other guy winterized the boat, when in reality nobody did.. That sucks. Good luck"

I feel like the dealer should have know better if thats the case. if you sell a boat in december obviously it will not be used in most states so wouldnt you just drain the block and avoid angry customers.

Agreed.. I hate to see that happen, less than 2 hours.. :cry:

let alone be given the bird by the dealer. if thats the case the OP has great self-control.

:whistle: How do we know the dealer is not dead stuffed in a box somewhere? Just sayin. :crazy:

How is the motor being toast and nearly sinking related?

How is the motor being toast and nearly sinking related?

I'd guess popped freeze plugs and a good block crack can lead to alot of water in the bilge in 0.2 hours...

We need an update.

Has a mechanic looked at the engine? Is the block actually cracked? I still am hoping it is just an issue with "un-winterizing" like a missing drain plug, loose hose or something like that. I would hope the dealer would take the time to figure out for sure what the issue is.

If the block is cracked and you hadn't used it since taking delivery I would hope Malibu can help you with the dealer to make it right.

At the risk of creating more of an issue, just can't stand to see my dealership slammed. We work way too hard for our customers and have won CSI awards every year I have owned this store.

This boat was a Christmas surprise that was to be delivered right before we closed for the holidays. Customer changed his plans and picked it up two days earlier instead with no notice. He told us here that he was going to hide it behind a building on his property and take the family out for a ride over the holidays. The boat had been used on one demo ride before customer purchased.

When signing the paperwork and going over all options, equipment, service, warranty, stereo, etc., customer NEVER asked the boat to be winterized. In Central Texas, many of our customers use their boats all year long. Sure we have freezes, but you have a good amount of 70 and 80 degree days in the winter months as well and lots of folks like to get out when the lakes are not crowded. We normally winterize about 30 boats per winter. That is a tiny fraction of our customer base.

If we had agreed this to be done on purchase order, rigging sheet or even in an email, I would accept full responsibility. If the boat was here on my property, I would accept full responsibility as well.

When customer comes to the dealership and tells me I need to fix it or I am going to hear from their lawyer, my level of cooperation falls down a notch. CTWS did not tell them to "screw off". We will repair this motor for them and be here for their ongoing warranty and service going forward like we have for all the other folks that are facing the expense of an engine replacement.

Rob Falgout

Central Texas Water Sports

It's always nice hearing both sides of a story. But I have noticed a strange absence from a certain A-hole. Ya gotta love having fun with a user name like that. :lol:

Since this thread is rather :lame: I vote :closed: