Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Isotta Steering wheel and shift knob??

91Sunsetter

Have a 91 Sunsetter. Would like to do a shift knob and steering wheel. Can I just buy any of them? Most are decribed for cars, how can I tell what I need?

Have a 91 Sunsetter. Would like to do a shift knob and steering wheel. Can I just buy any of them? Most are decribed for cars, how can I tell what I need?

I purchased the Iosotta shift knob from my local BU dealer. It was not cheep however. I think 5 years ago I paid between $50 and $100. Based on that price you will be throwing out $300 plus for the wheel.

Edited by old skool malibu

http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1352 Here is the adaptor at Bakes for any Isotta shift knob.

And here is the knob.. at a cool $189 http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1353 and the wheel at $289 http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=isottarevowheels

There is a ton of them on ebay. The only thing is I need the right hub/adaptor for the wheel and knob. That's the only differance correct?

There is a ton of them on ebay. The only thing is I need the right hub/adaptor for the wheel and knob. That's the only differance correct?

Yup - the link for the wheel has the hub adaptors

If you're getting an automotive one, it must be for an automatic with the center button to release neutral safety, no?

Man, I gotta dig through the toolbox and see what I got laying around for the boat.

I got mine off eBay for $55 delivered. I posted pictures yesterday in a separate post. Mine came with about a half dozen adapters to fit different sized threads. They were plastic and there is a metal threaded assembly that fits over the plastic portion with allen set screws to secure it to your existing handle. I didn't like the plastic / allen set screws so I ordered the adapter from Bakes today. There were a number on eBay when I was looking, the one I got is the same as the one in the link above, most of them were around $100.

Be patient, and keep tabs on Ebay. I could swear I paid $30+ bucks or so for my Isotta knob... Yet there were plenty that sold $80+ as well. Fit like a glove on the 87.

Then again -- there are plenty of cool looking shift knobs out there. You don't have to buy an Isotta.

martinarcher

Yep. Ebay is your friend. I got my wheel off ebay form a guy in Europe (my wife bought it for me as a gift - she rules Rockon.gif). Both boats I've had have the after market wheels and knobs. Gotta get rid of that 80's wheel!

I love the Isotta's. Just ordered a Malibu center for mine from Bake's.

DSC04235.jpg