Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

what actually happened to mbo?

MARiley

i usually don't ask questions because they are normally answered from me just cruising a site. this time i haven't been able to figure out what exactly happened w/ wsr and mbo. was there a buy-out of sorts or was it a good idea turned way, way bad?

thanks.

many thanks go out to all the folks who have made this new site possible. I was a little confused with what happend to MBO at first. After reading some threads on this site, it all makes sense. hats off to Jason for paving the way and making all this possible. I havn't got a chance to visit or make any posts yet due buying a new house and selling old one. I 'm really glad that that michael in norcal (I'm not shure if he goes by the same name) sent me a message about The malibucrew.com. Yahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gifYahoo.gif

I 'm really glad that that michael in norcal (I'm not shure if he goes by the same name) sent me a message about The malibucrew.com.

Welcome.gif Had to bring my WOW neighbors with me. :)

Don't remember the timing of everything but in case you didn't get the PM from MBO/WSR...Got the check for the Oroville group site. Thanks.

And yes, I changed my name. Michael in No Cal just seemed so lacking in anything even resembling creativity.

Again..... Welcome.gif

I've been tracking a topic on WSR about people getting their MBO annual dues back and someone posted a hyperlink here. He he he.

I've been tracking a topic on WSR about people getting their MBO annual dues back and someone posted a hyperlink here. He he he.

I thought about doing that, but didn't want to generate anymore strife. Glad someone did tho...how long before Jason pulls it?

I thought about doing that, but didn't want to generate anymore strife. Glad someone did tho...how long before Jason pulls it?

I don't think he will, so far he has been very straight forward with us and Wakegirl is still involved from time to time of WSR. It is not like the web doesn't have enough room for more boat talk! Yahoo.gif

Joe

That's how I found the site. I wondered where all the familiar contributors went. Although I am not a frequent poster I enjoy the information and entertainment.

Great Job Crew...

Don't tell anyone but the lake is almost full at Shasta...looks like it will top out around Mid-May.

Gordon

I think eventually WSR will become more active once non-bu owners find it. It took a while for MBO to get up and running in '02 as well. No matter how WSR compares to old MBO it's still miles ahead of the MC and CC sites out there.

I don't think he will, so far he has been very straight forward with us and Wakegirl is still involved from time to time of WSR.  It is not like the web doesn't have enough room for more boat talk! Yahoo.gif

Joe

Exactly!

It just sucks seeing MBO split up into a bunch of little pieces.....Having it all in one spot is great for people like me who only have a limited amout each day to spend on the site.

Shiz happens....unfortunately its not always good. Jason made a huge mistake.....unless the check was real big

Jason made a huge mistake....

Time will tell. I can see WSR becoming more than MBO ever was, in many ways. Imagine the resource of MBO spread across multiple brands and reaching that many more people.

That said, I don't think I've even posted over there. I think it was the information that got me on MBO, but the community feel that kept me coming back.

That said, I don't think I've even posted over there. I think it was the information that got me on MBO, but the community feel that kept me coming back.

Nailed it!! Thumbup.gif

I posted once over there just to voice my strong dislike to the childishness of "rating" everyone's boat. I told them I thought it was "offensively juvenile" and Jason's response was "just ignore it".

WSR could be good for hooking up with others for skiing/boarding but it lacks anything even resembling a "community" feel.

Yea - the rating thing is sorta lame... defeats the purpose of why we make modifications, becuase we want them, not becuause we are looking for the apreciation of others.

Car shows are like that too - used to participate a lot, but found that you can't "enjoy" your car, and compete in car shows.. huh - I think I'm getting a bit off topic here..

yea yea- like I say'd I just slap the keys and move on.. I will make an effort at hitting the spell check more often (though many times I use the fastreply, which doesn't enable spell check.. not that I'd use it)

Leave things as is. That way, when someone has a pressing need for their spouse to enjoy the boat they can search for "becuause... ...apreciation" and will turn up some of Troy's brilliant posts. Biggrin.gif

Yea - the rating thing is sorta lame...  defeats the purpose of why we make modifications, becuase we want them, not becuause we are looking for the apreciation of others.

Car shows are like that too - used to participate a lot, but found that you can't "enjoy" your car, and compete in car shows.. huh - I think I'm getting a bit off topic here..

I think that says it all. Who cares if anyone else likes your ride? The only person that matters is the one paying the bills.

Ditto.....I def. dont like the look how biatch'n my stuff is... Aint I just the coolest. I noticed not one person has added their Malibu boat to the site...or I am just an idiot and cant figure out how to view the rides.

What made MBO great was our autonomy. There were plenty other sites to meet and greet with other boat owners. I used Wakeworld all the time to hook up with riders in SoCal before I moved in the 'find a third section'. And I still ride with them when I got back to visit.

Edited by Web