Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Hyperlite System Bindgins

Big Clyde

Has anyone tried the new Hyperlite System boots & bindings? They look like snowboard boots & bindings and I'm wondering what the advantage is and whether there is a noticeable difference as compared to traditional wakeboard bindings.

ive used them for a bit and hated them, yes you dont have any heel or toe lift but ive taken the biggest back edge and not released, with my old 2010 shanes i would have released (its happened before)

• 3 weeks later...

Took a couple sets on them this past weekend for a couple sets. Super easy to get in and out of, takes edging to a whole other level, super comfortable, pain in the a** to swim in. All in all the best bidings I've ever rode

spent some time with the hyperlite rep a few weeks back - he did confirm the edging reference mentioned earlier - he also said the folks that use the cable parks get the biggest benefit when they wipe out they just up-do the binding and walk back to the starting area - he also said hyperlite has no more inventory and that the 2012 models will be coming out in July - pretty much the same as this year with some more graphics added to bling them up

I too will be demoing both the rad and the system bindings - both of which will be sitting on a a SS response flex board - should be fun. - also you might consider throwing on a pair of Ronix ones - they are quite comfy