Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Need Fuel/Water Filter/Separator Part Number

I'm trying to get all my start of season maintenance items done this weekend and one thing I can't get figured out is if there is an equivalent Wix part number for the Indmar fuel/water separator. The engine manual I have doesn't seem to have good info on this. I did find the inline filter part number on the boards (Wix 33033) and picked it up.

If anyone knows what I need for the fuel/water separator, it'd be greatly appreciated. I think it is Indmar part S786020, but I'd like a cross reference that I can just pick up at the local auto parts store.

Your boat should not have a fuel/water separator installed.

That 33033 may be the number for the 1/2" barbs, you need the one for the 3/8".

I'm fuzzy on the years now but what you may be talking about is the high pressure fuel filter located after the fuel pump, I don't know a cross reference for that one.

-Chris

Your boat should not have a fuel/water separator installed.

That 33033 may be the number for the 1/2" barbs, you need the one for the 3/8".

I'm fuzzy on the years now but what you may be talking about is the high pressure fuel filter located after the fuel pump, I don't know a cross reference for that one.

-Chris

Thanks for the response. The more I research and look around, I think you're right in that I don't have the fuel/water separator type. I do see two inline filters though, which has me slightly confused. The engine manual isn't the greatest around these filters either, or I'm just not taking the time to absorb what the manual is trying to tell me. For a guy that used to wrench on cars all the time, I'm feeling pretty clueless right now:unsure:

Anyway, attached are pics of the two inline type filters I see. I' ve only picked up the single inline filter thus far (I think the 33033 was for the smaller line size - guess I'll find out when I go to install it :)). Any words of wisdom on the two filters in the attached photos? (by the way, I realize in the second photo the white filter is the oil filter :crazy: - I'm referring to the silver cannister type)

post-13120-088467700 1303065189_thumb.jp

post-13120-078725400 1303065254_thumb.jp

Edited by hethj7

Yeah the silver canister you can get though skidim, before you change it make sure you depressurize the fuel rail before you change or cover the thing in a towel. That is the high pressure filter I was talking about.

As for you current inline filter, not sure where that came from.

-Chris

Heth,

If I read you right, hopefully you're getting rid of that cheezy plastic filter.

These are the exact, dead nuts, filters you need for your boat...

Replace clear filter with Wix 33033. for some reason, that fuel line doesn't look stock to me. It better be 3/8" ID hose.

High pressure metal can is...

AC Delco GF652

Indmar S556003

Napa ProSelect 23481

Napa (gold) 3481

Fram G3727

You may or, may not get new O-rings for the metal filter. When you buy the part, if you can open the box of filters, I'd take the one that gives you new O-rings.

Edited by Pistol Pete

You guys rock:rockon:

Thanks for the info. And yes, I plan to replace both of those filters. It's my first year with the boat and I'm not 100% certain what was done up to this point, so I'm trying to freshen most things up before the season starts.

I'd have my engine oil changed already, but the freaking filter is stuck. I have a wrench, but it is just tearing the filter up trying to get it to spin off. I'll have to fight that battle tomorrow. My step-dad has a sweet filter wrench that as you work your ratchet, the wrench tightens its grip on the filter. I may have to borrow it. I've yet to find one like it to buy for myself.

I've seen those filter wrenches everywhere as well as the filter pliers I have, but those aren't them. He's got something similar to the spider wrenches shown here. If those work as well as his, they are the best in my experience.