Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Lift Canopies with Towers

bennekm

Anyone using a boat lift canopy with a tower? I'd like to get one this season for two reasons....one keep elements off, and two and more importantly, keep the sun from fading my gelcoat. Everything for the most part I've seen won't protect the boat from sun. Any suggestions other than modding my cover to protect all of the gelcoat?

Edited by bennekm

Anyone using a boat lift canopy with a tower? I'd like to get one this season for two reasons....one keep elements off, and two and more importantly, keep the sun from fading my gelcoat. Everything for the most part I've seen won't protect the boat from sun. Any suggestions other than modding my cover to protect all of the gelcoat?

We have a canopy for our boat with a tower. The lift is brand new to us and will be installed next weekend. We are planning on being able to pull the boat onto the lift with the tower up and then folding the tower when raising the boat up. It's going to be a bit of a pain but should protect the boat nicely. The manufacture of the lift we bought has the option of purchasing canopy extenders. (Pictured towards the bottom) http://www.floeintl.com/docks.asp?pageName=docksLiftAccessoriesCanopies&sm=5

I went through this last summer. I already had a Hewitt lift and wanted to add a canopy. Ended up with the Floe for the exact reasons 2004VLX suggests. Here's my thread from last year. Since that time, I've bought a Sunscape with Illusion tower. Even with the tower up, I get good shade on the boat and haven't had a drop of rain in it. With the tower down, I can almost completely hide the boat in there.

I went through this last summer. I already had a Hewitt lift and wanted to add a canopy. Ended up with the Floe for the exact reasons 2004VLX suggests. Here's my thread from last year. Since that time, I've bought a Sunscape with Illusion tower. Even with the tower up, I get good shade on the boat and haven't had a drop of rain in it. With the tower down, I can almost completely hide the boat in there.

do you have any pictures of the finished set up? i'd like to see it.

do you have any pictures of the finished set up? i'd like to see it.

I don't think so, other than the last picture in the thread I copied, which is obviously the old boat. You can see the difference between mine and the neighbor's old Shore Station lift. Unfortunately the weather ruined my plans for putting the boat in yesterday. It should be in by next week, but it looks like you'll have your lift by then.

..........so how much snow do you think a 23' canopy will hold? Will everyone in southwest Michigan please hold their breath for the next 5 hours 'till it can melt.

Great...thank you!

..........so how much snow do you think a 23' canopy will hold? Will everyone in southwest Michigan please hold their breath for the next 5 hours 'till it can melt.

Glad I didn't put mine in last weekend! We had the same snow Monday.